[0.11.1] maybe in [0.11.3?] Can't load large saves in MP

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.1] maybe in [0.11.3?] Can't load large saves in MP

Post by Lumikins »

Hello,

Moving a post from the main bug reporting folder to the multiplayer specific one. Me and a friend have been playing MP for a while now and as the host I noticed that he can no longer join the game once the save file hits ~19.5 MB. To test this I tried loading saves above that size and they all failed. The game will take forever to load and the bar will fill up but the game will not start and just hang there. I loaded another save which was only 16 MB and one around 19 MB before it hit 19.5 and they loaded fine. Anyone else experiencing something similar? Thanks.

We probably have hit 15+ hours on this game approx. This was tested using 11.1 but we can't test with 11.3 since his antivirus doesn't like that version for some reason and keeps deleting it. Anyway has anyone with 11.3 tried and confirmed if they can load a save larger than 19.5 MB? Thanks all.

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.1] maybe in [0.11.3?] Can't load large saves in MP

Post by Lumikins »

Update: We both upgraded to 0.11.3 and this issue no longer shows up. I checked the save file size though and the new saves in 0.11.3 are about 7 MB (as compared to 20MB for the same save in 0.11.1)- an amazing 300% reduction of save file size!

I'll let you guys know if I run into this bug again once we hit near 20

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.1] maybe in [0.11.3?] Can't load large saves in MP

Post by kovarex »

This should be now fixed in 0.11.7 (to be released soon). The saving/loading is now made in other thread, and the peers gets updated about the progress, so they don't disconnect the player when the loading/saving takes too long time.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”