Train pathing bug 0.11.16

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Train pathing bug 0.11.16

Post by Marconos »

I was getting this in 0.11.15 and hoped that it was fixed in 0.11.16 but it doesn't appear to.

Recreation Steps.

Make a train line with multiple paths.
Park 1 train in one of the paths (maybe vertical only?)
Wait long enough, when a train comes into the station it will miss the exist of an available line and go far enough into the parked area and block everything up. It appears that the train is missing it's turn somehow. The train shown here in the stuck position is a bypass train that is just routing through the station, no stops here. The parked train is a train that is sitting at the given station and is not moving or set to move. I don't believe this has ever happened when I'm in the are but when I go a long ways off and the main base isn't displayed on the screen. When this occurs (in my setup) it essentially backups up my entire network since all trains go through this station. I have attached a screen shot that shows the stuck position and have a save if you want it where the trains are stuck.

From what I understand no train should take the route where the parked train is sitting. I have had this occur when the parked train has a route of just the station it is at and running as well as not running. Also occur when the parked train has no route in it.

In the example shot this occurred after I was coming back from a biter cleansing excursion deep into biter territory. When I came back it was stuck.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train pathing bug 0.11.16

Post by Gandalf »

Could you provide a game save or screenshots of the entire network? From the little part it's really difficult to reproduce this problem.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Game save is about 22 meg and screen shot isn't viable due to size of the network. Is there a preferred method for a save location?

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Currently, the train that is not moving and is in manual mode adds 200 to the pathing penalty, this can be easily not enough, especially when there is train on the other way that is waiting in station.

So I changed it, that the penalty of such train is 1000 instead of the 200, it should be more than enough for these kind of situations.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”