STORAGE CHEST SIZE

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
dewast
Inserter
Inserter

STORAGE CHEST SIZE

Post by dewast »

HI, I know there are some mods adding space to chest, increasing number of item stored in 1 cell,
but is it posible to use tech tree to increase storage size, and max item in 1 cell, insted of giving it avay in one mod without any effort.
Tech compresion methods: tier 1: allow you to store up to 250 item in 1 cell, tier 2 up to 500, tier 3 750 and tier 4 1000
Tech storage placement: (at least for logistic chests): tier 1 62 storage cells, tier 2 86 cells, tier 3 110 cells, and tier 4 134 cells.
if You know how to implement it by tech write tier 1 for both tech, write to me, I can mod it for rest, and be co creators of mod, or make mod by our self and send link to it.

For cell capacity can see mod of BinbinHfr called BigBags he changed ther cell capacity to 500, and also personal bag up to 170 it could be changed to tech tree to, he used moding part for logistic slots in tech, because it was alredy in game as a tech, but rest it is not.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: STORAGE CHEST SIZE

Post by Koub »

Number of slots in a storage has a direct impact on performance, because every time an inserter inserts an item, it ckecks all the slots until it finds a suitable one. The more slots there are, the more it has to check at every insertion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

If each stack was bigger (e.g. 1,000 iron rather than 100), that would not be an issue. But I do not think it can be done.

dewast
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dewast »

SyncViews wrote:If each stack was bigger (e.g. 1,000 iron rather than 100), that would not be an issue. But I do not think it can be done.
I wrote befor the 500 cell size is done (big bag mod), and chest size to (warehause mod)

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SyncViews »

That just changes the global stack sizes on the item prototypes? I meant don't think you can change the stack size in only the chest / specific inventories, as an alternative to many slots which degrades performance as Koub said.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Requirement as I can see would be like this:

Add a property to invenotry that will modify (multiplier or preset value) stack size of any item placed in that inventory.
This would need to be added by devs and their schedule is already pretty tight :D

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

orzelek wrote:Requirement as I can see would be like this:

Add a property to invenotry that will modify (multiplier or preset value) stack size of any item placed in that inventory.
This would need to be added by devs and their schedule is already pretty tight :D
This would be best idea I think. Hopefully it can fit in as a QOL tweak in .13 or .14

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”