Storage Bunker [Dedicated Storage]

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Storage Bunker [Dedicated Storage]

Post by UberWaffe »

Summary:
A slight variation on chest (or upsized chest) storage.

The structure (a 5x5) can only store a single type of item, but can store up to 2400 stacks of that item.
The structure has a power upkeep, which if not met, prevents items from being inserted/removed.
The structure has a decent amount of health. (I.e. is not fragile.)
Cost of structure would be include 50 steel chests, plus smart inserters, conveyors, engines and circuits to represent internal logistics, plus stone-bricks for walls.

Details:
After constructing the building, you would open the interface as per normal.
The interface will have a button to select what type of item is accepted for storage, as well as showing what item is currently stored and how much of it is stored.
The bunker will only accept items for storage if (Item is of the item type selected for storage AND [The bunker is currently empty OR the item type currently stored is of the same item type])
The bunker will allow items to be pulled from it as long as it has items stored.
(I.e. if a bunker already has some items stored, and you change what it should be storing, it must first be emptied of existing items before it starts accepting the new item type.)

The bunker has a continuous energy upkeep, which if not met, will slow the rate at which items are accepted or output.
No power available would mean that no items can be inserted or extracted.

Think of the bunker as internally having 50 steel chests in multiple vertical rows, and it uses inserters and conveyors to store or retrieve the desired items.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Storage Bunker [Dedicated Storage]

Post by orzelek »

Take a look at compression chests mod. It has only one slot but stores infinite amount of items in that slot.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I must admit I like UberWaffe's storage bunker concept way (way way) better that the infinite amount.I feel it suits better to the feel of the game (even if Compression chests mod is really good, I just find it a little "too good" (OP)).

[Edit] Must have been drunk when I confused OP's name with SP :p
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

@orzelek: Ah, thanks. I had not come across that when I had searched for the keyword storage. (Or at least it had not shown up within the first 5 pages of results.)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Koub wrote:I must admit I like orzelek's storage bunker concept way (way way) better that the infinite amount.I feel it suits better to the feel of the game (even if Compression chests mod is really good, I just find it a little "too good" (OP)).
It's UberWaffe's idea btw :D

And I think it would be relatively easy to add a finite option to compression chests mod. New nice graphics for bunker would be a different problem :D

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

orzelek wrote:And I think it would be relatively easy to add a finite option to compression chests mod. New nice graphics for bunker would be a different problem :D
An finite option would be much appreciated! Really enjoying your mod so far.
A larger footprint (I'd suggest 3x3) would greatly help I think in making it usable as a mainline buffer.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”