Electricity continuation

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Bonta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Electricity continuation

Post by Bonta »

I was thinking with the multitude of space costing poles everywhere. Wouldn't it be more realistic to have every electricity requiring device/building function as a power pole with a grid of 1 surrounding it. To allow electricity to continue from one device to the next.

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Electricity continuation

Post by mooklepticon »

There's a mod for that!

Factorio Forums • View topic - [MOD 0.12.x] Powered Entities (0.2.0) viewtopic.php?f=94&t=22215

Bonta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bonta »

mooklepticon wrote:There's a mod for that!

Factorio Forums • View topic - [MOD 0.12.x] Powered Entities (0.2.0) viewtopic.php?f=94&t=22215
Thanks, I'll give it a try. From what I'm reading though this allows a lot more than what I was looking for, I don't think power poles should be done away with nearly completely, just that it's more reasonable for devices directly adjacent to one another would be able to connect through those.

DedlySpyder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DedlySpyder »

Bonta wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a try. From what I'm reading though this allows a lot more than what I was looking for, I don't think power poles should be done away with nearly completely, just that it's more reasonable for devices directly adjacent to one another would be able to connect through those.
The mod doesn't remove power poles, you'd still need them over any distance more than a single poles length away. The machines just connect to anything nearby like a normal power pole would

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”