[Request] Better Request Chest

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
LordLoki
Inserter
Inserter

[Request] Better Request Chest

Post by LordLoki »

Hi Together,

It would be very Cool if somebody could make a mod that gives us Control over the Request Chest.
For me the way it works at the moment is very inefficient. Let me explain on an Example

I set up a request chest to request 100 Copper plate. The copper is then used to make copper wire.
At the moment every time the inserter Takes out a plate the chests sends the request and the robots fly like idiots to refill back to 10

What i would like to change the Logik to
If you are below x send a signal to fill up to y

that way i could set it so that it requests copper if it is below 10 waits till 500 plates are filled up than starts looking again if it goes below 10.

Is that possible?
And if yes and nobody feels like doing it i would be glad if someone could give me some tips.
I have Programming experience and did a bit Lua stuff before but i have no idea where to start with factorio mods :)

Thanks and greets
Loki

LordLoki
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Request] Better Request Chest

Post by LordLoki »

Nobody?
jjjj

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Not sure that sort of thing is particularly moddable, however you could probably use circuit network to turn your chest on and off to get the desired results, something like this: viewtopic.php?f=193&t=33455
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

LordLoki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LordLoki »

Hi thanks for link with the circuit network i was thinking about that too but it seems a bit unpractical (impossible?) if you have a large number of chests that you want to control.
I started to learn how to mod Factorio and i will see if i can make this mod happen by myself with a bit help from experienced modders here. i have already an idea how it could be done but first i need to figure out the basics :)

Thanks and greets Loki

LordLoki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LordLoki »

For everybody who wants to know.

it is defenetly doable.
I have a testversion up and running and i hope what i did there is not totally unusable in a bigger scale but we will see that
For now i have 2 chests up and running without any problems :)

will post the mod as soon as i finished the testing and made some additional things.

Greets
Loki

LordLoki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LordLoki »

Hi together,

I put my first workin in Progress on the Forum so if you want to test it Check it out its really cool already.
hope it runs as smooth as my tests for everyone.

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=33674

Greets
Loki

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”