Logistics Relay chest

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
elrond1999
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logistics Relay chest

Post by elrond1999 »

My problem is how to supply remote bases. The one thing I really love about Factorio is when you get the Logistics network and the Blueprint+Build bots. They arrive exactly when you are getting tired of replicating a factory structure for the nth time. But once you need remote bases this gets messy. They have their own logistics network and supplying it is a chore :(

So my suggestion is to have a Logistics Relay chest. A Logistics relay chest is a reqester chest that you can place in your main base and it will request the missing materials for a remote logistic network. So say a remote mining base needs 10 wall and 4 turrets. Then the Relay chest will request exactly 10 wall and 4 turrents. These will be loaded onto a train and then off loaded into a storage chest in the remote base. This should solve the problem of supplying remote bases. The latency from Demand to Supply would be long, but hopefully not too loong so that the blueprint building times out. Also it would be a neat system to see ticking along.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logistics Relay chest

Post by ssilk »

I'm not sure, if this belongs into this board. For me it is a normal suggestion. Cry if I should move it... :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

There's no reason not to have this both here and in Ideas and Suggestion. elrond1999 wants this as a mod - he probably feels it doesn't belong in the vanilla game or that it would take too long to implement, whereas a mod focusing solely on it could. If you feel it also belongs to Ideas and Suggestions, you should create a thread suggesting the same there, but not move this one ;)

elrond1999
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elrond1999 »

Ideally I would like to make this myself, but I don't think the modding API allows access to the state of the logistics systems yet?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”