Production alerts

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
vitalyb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Production alerts

Post by vitalyb »

When the base gets to a certain size, it is hard to keep track of production.

Every now and then something harms my production and it takes a while before I discover it: Ore runs out, a biter destroys a single pipe, I tweak something without realizing the effect it will have on the rest of the base, etc.

It would be great if I could set a production alert on items, e.g, "alert if production of iron-plates is less than 100 per minute". I should be able to create several alerts and get a flashing when one of them is triggered.

Dark
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Production alerts

Post by Dark »

Nice idea, but not sure if it can be implemented without performance hit, since there are no events for suff crafted by assemblers yet and manually tracking every item would not work on large scale.
I can think of something simpler, if there are concentrations of belts with goods that need a watch then we can simple check if there is any activity on said belts.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

i would do this with -alt- making the production bars of assemblers and plants visible. Then you can zoom out, and anything that hasn't a moving green bar is in trouble ...

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

You can verify certain conditions by looking at "P" and some other by using the Resource Monitor mod, but that's about it for now. Although it's a good idea, I see a lot of ways this can give users a wrong information. Systems halting due to not needed production (say no new iron plates are needed), some co-input of a certain product is not being built, so the one on the trigger is alerted (at least you'll see something is wrong, your job to find it out).

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”