Corner "splitter"

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Donbo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Corner "splitter"

Post by Donbo »

Not sure what exactly you would call it, but something like a splitter that would emulate a zero loss corner without having to build all the stuff for it.

So instead of having to put up 2 splitters and 3? belts you would have 1 item that did the same thing. (similar resource cost of course)

Just basically a time saver lol.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Corner "splitter"

Post by katyal »

Already exists but they are really tough to get. Each type (basic, fast, and express) will use 2 inventory slots and to be able to lay them down you need to have an active construction network. Theres a mod out there already that makes it so you don't need a construction network but you'll have to have modular armor and each type will take 4 inventory slots instead.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Do I understand it right that what you want is items on a belt going around the corner without getting more spacing between them?
Check out my mods

Donbo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Donbo »

cartmen180 wrote:Do I understand it right that what you want is items on a belt going around the corner without getting more spacing between them?
I don't think any system in this game is quite perfect but if you're not familiar with loss less corners watch Negative Root's fixit series.

Basically I believe in Factorio laziness if you can do something in less steps the better ;p
So instead of building all the separate parts of these I want one item that does all lol
katyal wrote:Already exists but they are really tough to get. Each type (basic, fast, and express) will use 2 inventory slots and to be able to lay them down you need to have an active construction network. Theres a mod out there already that makes it so you don't need a construction network but you'll have to have modular armor and each type will take 4 inventory slots instead.
Any idea what mod that's from? I have shadows mega pack , but haven't got too far with it , think I bit off more than I can chew with his pack lol.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Donbo wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:Do I understand it right that what you want is items on a belt going around the corner without getting more spacing between them?
I don't think any system in this game is quite perfect but if you're not familiar with loss less corners watch Negative Root's fixit series.

can you give me a link to the specific episode, i really don't have the time to watch them all :p
Check out my mods

Donbo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Donbo »

cartmen180 wrote:
Donbo wrote:

can you give me a link to the specific episode, i really don't have the time to watch them all :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yjVFt ... J&index=16

About 5:50 in this tutorial.

Though I believe most fixit episodes will have it.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

Donbo wrote:
cartmen180 wrote:
Donbo wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yjVFt ... J&index=16

About 5:50 in this tutorial.

Though I believe most fixit episodes will have it.
But that is very easily achieved by using a higher tier belt on the corner. Of course that doesn't fix it for the express belt though, but basic and fast should be fine.
Check out my mods

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

I don't like perfection, it would make everything too easy. My favorite part in factorio is to tinker everything until it is optimal, I love it !
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

Donbo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Donbo »

Ohz wrote:I don't like perfection, it would make everything too easy. My favorite part in factorio is to tinker everything until it is optimal, I love it !
Heh and I thought the purpose of factorio was to become more lazy as you progress :)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”