[0.9.8] Circular Archipelago

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
Toskin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.9.8] Circular Archipelago

Post by Toskin »

You have crashed on strange-looking archipelago. Will you be able to survive ?

IMPORTANT :!: : This map need Landfill mod to work. Without that, you'll get stuck on central island !

This map was created for fun and to encourage players to use some mods, for example Landfill or Treefarm. Map is full of circular islands with lots of resources and lots of biters (you want alien science, am I right ?). Player must access these islands in order to expand, because main island have only scarce amount of resources and is also small (but bigger than other islands).

Here is map of archipelago:

As you can see, you need to have planning skills and know how to use trains in order to fetch all needed resources.

Here is link for blueprint file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ir45ljxgauqe50/blueprint.dat

Suggested mods:
Landfill (needed to access islands) - Must-have :!:
Treefarm Mod (no runnig out of wood)
Liquid station Mod (for better liquid transfers)
Other mods that you like.

One important note. Placed landfill cannot be removed and when are islands connected, biters can use these connections to access your islands !
Please, leave feedback. It's my first map, so I'm interested in your advices and reactions

PS: Sorry for bad english.

:!: REUPLOAD 29.6.2014 - After revealing that ore fields have only 3% yeld. Remodified for better outcome.
OK... One belt placed, few thousands to go...

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] Circular Archipelago

Post by Nova »

You build some burner mining drills, get some stone, expand to the stone island, get more stone, expand to the iron island and the copper island, get a basic electric network, and then expand to some oil and some tress. After that you're good to go. Some hours later you can expand to one biter base with some laser turrets and kill them for alien artifacts. Just be careful about not really connecting your island with the biter bases before they are all dead.
The rest is just lack of space.

It's hard to create special maps in factorio. Nearly anything doesn't differ really from random maps.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Toskin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Toskin »

Nova wrote:You build some burner mining drills, get some stone, expand to the stone island, get more stone, expand to the iron island and the copper island, get a basic electric network, and then expand to some oil and some tress. After that you're good to go. Some hours later you can expand to one biter base with some laser turrets and kill them for alien artifacts. Just be careful about not really connecting your island with the biter bases before they are all dead.
The rest is just lack of space.

It's hard to create special maps in factorio. Nearly anything doesn't differ really from random maps.
Right you are. It's hard to make something better than random map, but it's my first try to do something this way (ever first try in my gaming). Another thing was to make mod dependant map. Also, it's problematic to make something without advanced coding similar to Scenario maps (I am terrible coder). Maybe some time later, I will upload better map, if I get some inspiration. But thanks for comment. I really wanted to know other's opinion. :)
OK... One belt placed, few thousands to go...

Olezero
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Olezero »

Cool concept! I like it!

Going to have a go when i get home from work. :)

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Cool idea, thanks for sharing it! :D

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”