Friday Facts #3

Regular reports on Factorio development.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Friday Facts #3

Post by slpwnd »

Trucario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #3

Post by Trucario »

MULTIPLAYER??

I see 2 guys... :geek:

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

Oo what would that be? :D

thanks for the progression update. i really like the friday facst and getting an inside look to your work.

remodeling the terrain: +1
since you removed the yellow sand and green grass..well..its all brown basically. and yes: it looks horrible as well
good to hear that you consider that especially knowing that you going to make a REAALLLY AAAWEESOME (at least i hope) trailer :D

keep up the good work!

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

It all sounds very promising. These updates (and what they describe) are really great, thanks a lot!

In the picture, what's the thing connected to pipes on the left border? New graphics for the steam engine or something else entirely? :-D

Albert
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Albert »

wrtlprnft wrote:It all sounds very promising. These updates (and what they describe) are really great, thanks a lot!

In the picture, what's the thing connected to pipes on the left border? New graphics for the steam engine or something else entirely? :-D
It is a just a test for the new steam engine's design. But by now there's no plan to change it. New terrain + New player + new trailer + other small stuff are priority right now.
Last edited by Albert on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

That's not the only weird thing ... The 2 weird things on the left of the logistic chests, there are two players on the screen, the pump is placed where there is no water, i cant see the wires for the electric poles, the furnace on top of the coal patch has another design, there are underground belts coming from nowhere, the wall under the assembling machine is connected to "nothing", also i don't recognize the device below the red conveyor belt. (Bottom of the picture)

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

I guess that the entities on that image weren't built completely manually. That explains the missing wires, weirdly placed pump and unconnected walls/underground belts. The furncace uses the pre-0.6 (I think) graphic. The device at the bottom of the picture is probably a market (from the tight spot challenge). I did miss the two 1×1 entities you described, though.

Albert
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Albert »

Nirahiel wrote:That's not the only weird thing ... The 2 weird things on the left of the logistic chests, there are two players on the screen, the pump is placed where there is no water, i cant see the wires for the electric poles, the furnace on top of the coal patch has another design, there are underground belts coming from nowhere, the wall under the assembling machine is connected to "nothing", also i don't recognize the device below the red conveyor belt. (Bottom of the picture)
The image is just a preview, a composition made for seeing how entities are related to the new terrain tonality. It's supposed that by seeing the image you have a clear vision if the terrain works or not.
Here we don't really care if the electric pole is not connected or if the transport-belt-to-ground is coming from anywhere. What it matters is that you have a good contrast with the machines.
Hope this explanation is helping to the next one who discovers that the chests are a never used old versions, or the railroad is overlapping itself at some point.
Nevertheless I'll try in future previews to be more "realistic", in order to don't make any confusion.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

dat sand looks so cool! :D

And yea the factory seems caotically useless xD

LoSboccacc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LoSboccacc »

glex wrote:
Nirahiel wrote:That's not the only weird thing ... The 2 weird things on the left of the logistic chests, there are two players on the screen, the pump is placed where there is no water, i cant see the wires for the electric poles, the furnace on top of the coal patch has another design, there are underground belts coming from nowhere, the wall under the assembling machine is connected to "nothing", also i don't recognize the device below the red conveyor belt. (Bottom of the picture)
The image is just a preview, a composition made for seeing how entities are related to the new terrain tonality. It's supposed that by seeing the image you have a clear vision if the terrain works or not.
Here we don't really care if the electric pole is not connected or if the transport-belt-to-ground is coming from anywhere. What it matters is that you have a good contrast with the machines.
Hope this explanation is helping to the next one who discovers that the chests are a never used old versions, or the railroad is overlapping itself at some point.
Nevertheless I'll try in future previews to be more "realistic", in order to don't make any confusion.
this. the key quote is
with random machines on top of it
it was probably a test with random entities scattered just to check that no weird shadowing problems appear or something.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

Just to make it clear: I read that note about random machines. Nevertheless, I noticed the unknown graphic and was curious as to what it might one day become :-D

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

better if u make normal wiki and remove strange random bases, they appear where they want no matter you build wall or borders they just appear...i cant play with this shit

Muad'Dib
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muad'Dib »

Uuuuh... are that sandworms sprouting from the ground near the rails? 'Cause, you know, if my nickname wasn't hinting enough, I'm kinda a fanboy of Dune...

Awesome graphic, btw, the game is getting better and better. Keep up guys, can't wait to see all finished and polished up ;)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

generalmek wrote:better if u make normal wiki and remove strange random bases, they appear where they want no matter you build wall or borders they just appear...i cant play with this shit
Hello, this bug was already reported and will be fixed in 0.7.2 (soon)
About the normal wiki, I don't get what you mean, what is wrong with the current wiki (apart that it doesn't contain all the information it should).

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

kovarex wrote:
generalmek wrote:better if u make normal wiki and remove strange random bases, they appear where they want no matter you build wall or borders they just appear...i cant play with this shit
Hello, this bug was already reported and will be fixed in 0.7.2 (soon)
About the normal wiki, I don't get what you mean, what is wrong with the current wiki (apart that it doesn't contain all the information it should).
on wiki too low information about content i cant find sometnig useful. try to find some thing about how u can set up armor. now i dont know for what need beacon or how need electrisitivity base

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

yeah the current state of the wiki is very weak. only some "general" stubs, nothing you take as serious reference, nearly everything outdated. I'm currently deciding if i will create an account and start to change this fact.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You would be welcome. :)

And just for the completeness: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=1270

I suggest also, to make an own board for the wiki here.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “News”