Friday Facts #126 - Steam Status II and Trains Stuff

Regular reports on Factorio development.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Friday Facts #126 - Steam Status II and Trains Stuff

Post by slpwnd »

Some last minute information on the Steam release plus a few pics of new Trains Gui features: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-126

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #124 - Steam Status II and Trains Stuff

Post by Arch666Angel »

Trailer is visible, if you are logged in to steam My bad. Awesome news! Wish there was a upvote function in steam.
Last edited by Arch666Angel on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hayertjez
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hayertjez »

Yes it is, but it is the old trailer. In the newspost they are speaking of a new trailer.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

My god, it's full of stars!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Jarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jarin »

As a Furnace Attendant, I'm curious to see what you'll settle on for backers. Not terribly anxious about it though. God knows I've gotten my money's worth out of this game (as have several friends I evangelized into playing)

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

With the screens idea, I have one for you to consider.

We need some kind of log/ability to view where attacks where. Because while your base is small - it's okay, but when your map grows quite a bit, when you zoom out to see, where is an attack happening, at one point you just stop to see the icons. And also, the destruction icons usually fade too fast, so you notice stuff being blown up, but you usually just can't find it fast enough to actually know where it happened. Especially if turrets kill enemies and your base is large - you rarely catch what trouble is happening in outposts or outskirts of your base.

Something to think about :)

P.S. Mining Drill operator here :)

Wubinator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wubinator »

Good news guys! Can't wait for the steam release.

When will all the existing players receive a steam key in their e-mail?

dannyus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dannyus »

This is so cool, I can´t wait to give it a positive review on steam :) Would be cool, if there was a way for people who already owns it to give it review before its release! I have seen this at other games, so I wonder, would it be possible here too? :) Anyway, keep up the good work!

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Congrats on the milestone! The FAQ seems well-thought out and the trains UI has clearly been made by people who love trains.

May I be the first to say, in this thread: CHOO CHOO!

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Made a reddit post, go make a gazillion accounts and upvote the hell out of it.

/don't actually make a gazillion accounts, it's against the rules of math, nature and reddit

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

The title is misnumbered. It should be 126 :)

Edit: woohoo, a 'usefull' post from me
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

I nearly cried of joy after seeing my first ever factory beeing features on the Steam page.

I don't know how to thank you :')
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Ojelle wrote:The title is misnumbered. It should be 126 :)

Edit: woohoo, a 'usefull' post from me
Fixed ;)

PandaGOD
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #126 - Steam Status II and Trains Stuff

Post by PandaGOD »

Tryed to make a 100/100 Review.... couldnt... DAMN

Awesome news guys ;)

mbritb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mbritb »

Colonelwill!!! Screenshot 4 of 22 - that's ME!!! In YOUR Mega Base!!!! *squeals of excitement*

Question: With this new being able to see all trains - will we be able to remotely control them as well?

Andir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Andir »

The train stuff is fine and all, but as my friend pointed out when we play. There's really no need for trains on game completion. We've started up multiple multiplayer maps and ended up quitting due to lack of interest in clearing out yet another mass of creatures or all the resources we needed (to launch a missile and "end" the game) were available within belt distance.

What's in the new update as an incentive to build complex rails? Will there be an option to have a small grouping of copper/iron to kick start a base while requiring travel to get to another large patch? Generating a map currently is sort of all or nothing. If you want large patches out on the map to run a train to and make it worth the run and not have to build/tear down rail to build up to another small patch, it generates a large patch on the starting area making branching out not necessary. It would be nice if there was an option to gradually increase the richness/size of resources as you travel out from the starting area to encourage expansion. It would also be nice if there was a "late game" material that you need to go out and get in order to build the higher tier stuff. Anything to get players out of the central fortress?

Originus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Originus »

Andir wrote:The train stuff is fine and all, but as my friend pointed out when we play. There's really no need for trains on game completion. We've started up multiple multiplayer maps and ended up quitting due to lack of interest in clearing out yet another mass of creatures or all the resources we needed (to launch a missile and "end" the game) were available within belt distance.

What's in the new update as an incentive to build complex rails? Will there be an option to have a small grouping of copper/iron to kick start a base while requiring travel to get to another large patch? Generating a map currently is sort of all or nothing. If you want large patches out on the map to run a train to and make it worth the run and not have to build/tear down rail to build up to another small patch, it generates a large patch on the starting area making branching out not necessary. It would be nice if there was an option to gradually increase the richness/size of resources as you travel out from the starting area to encourage expansion. It would also be nice if there was a "late game" material that you need to go out and get in order to build the higher tier stuff. Anything to get players out of the central fortress?
The idea for factorio came partly out of TTD I think, so they just love trains :-)
I like your idea of that new parmeter in map generation *thumbsup*

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

Andir wrote:The train stuff is fine and all, but as my friend pointed out when we play. There's really no need for trains on game completion. We've started up multiple multiplayer maps and ended up quitting due to lack of interest in clearing out yet another mass of creatures or all the resources we needed (to launch a missile and "end" the game) were available within belt distance.

You should really try RSO and to get a real challenge is to use RSO 1.0.3 which was made by the original maker.

SomeDuder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SomeDuder »

Yea, RSO is great, but what really needs to happen is to have that mod's funcionality intergrated into the core game.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

Dear devs!

What about train "names"? So many changes to trains, but no one about possibility to give names to trains.

Maybe you will do, at least, Identificators (IDs)?

Return to “News”