Science Pack 3 Recipe

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Science Pack 3 Recipe

Post by infinitehubgear »

Just as a sanity check, what is the recipe meant to be on v0.10.12?

I've always had Steel, Fast Inserters, Advanced Circuits and Batteries, as the wiki says

Now the recipe has changed to needing Rockets instead of Batteries, you can imagine that disrupts the factory work flow! The change happened when I enabled experimental updates. (which doesn't fully work)

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Science Pack 3 Recipe

Post by -root »

Mods change the recipes of some items.

I'd check that you haven't installed one recently that changes the default setting.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Interesting! Rockets haven't been used as a science pack 3 ingredient since before 0.9

As for why it happened, I don't know(doubt enabling experimental updates would cause it, what makes you think that doesn't work btw? 0.10.12 is the most recent version so you can't update further than that). Maybe a mod did it as root suggested.

Either way, (making sure any mod is turned off) you can invoke game.resetrecipes() in the console to fix it.

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

"Cannot execute command. Error. [string "game.resetrecipes()"]:1: LuaGame does't have readable property resetrecpies"

I've only ever had the Furnace Attendant mods, I guess that counts as vanilla?

As for the updater not working properly, I've realised that it helps if you copy over the Factorio dmg to Applications on the Mac OS, since there's problems with read only access. Once I've Installed properly then the updater works. It still doesn't solve the above error though.

Interestingly I think that if I'm not connected to the internet then Factorio seg-faults on at the end of the loading all the assets. Thats what I think I see in the log files, I think it was trying to get the Furnace Attendant mods but couldn't install it. Though it might be another issue going on,

11:33:38 Info None: 2014:10:17; Factorio 0.10.12 (Build 10773, mac)
11:33:38 Info Mods: Loading mod core 0.0.0
11:33:38 Info Mods: Loading mod base 0.10.12
11:33:38 Info Mods: Loading mod trailer 1.0.0
11:33:39 Info Atlas: Initial atlas bitmap size is 8192
11:33:39 Info Atlas: Created atlas bitmap 8192x4753
11:33:50 Info Updater: Downloading https://www.factorio.com/updater/get-av ... iVersion=2
11:34:00 Warning Updater: Download failed (Couldn't resolve host name -- name lookup timed out)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

My bad, that should be game.player.force.resetrecipes()

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You need to disable the trailer mod.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4273

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

No console output from the reset command this time round. But the recipe is still the same. Incidentally Science Pack 2 insists on Electric Circuits and Transport Belts.

Despite not having the tech tree complete, I can now build anything now. Including player ports and rail guns. Might have fun with that =)

infinitehubgear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Thanks Dave, that does the trick. I did have fun with the rail gun, a bit slow though! :lol:
My particular save still has all items available despite the tech tree, earlier ones don't.

I still think the seg-fault issue is separate, I'll have to try and recreate it again...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

run the reset recipes command again, and would probably be a good idea to do a resettechnologies command as well.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved from general
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Technical Help”