[1.1.107] Game periodically freezes for several seconds after update

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
erixonich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.107] Game periodically freezes for several seconds after update

Post by erixonich »

Hello!

I've returned to factorio after half year break updated to the 1.1.107, updated all mods and started new [modded] playthrough. List of mods is exactly the same what was half year ago: IR3, Rampant, Rampant Arsenal, Alien Biomes + some cosmetic mods for Rampant + QOL (like recipe book).

Now game has 3-5 seconds periods of lagging every 10 minutes or so. During this UPS falling significantly from 60 to 15-25 during according vanila debug output.
It is happening from first minute when I don't have anything, only 20 ovens and 30 steam assemblers.

Same occurs if load my previous save (half year old).

I've enabled `verbose logging` but I've nothing useful in `factorio-current.log` during or after freeze periods.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.107] Game periodically freezes for several seconds after update

Post by boskid »

Could it be that you were changing hidden settings and accidentaly enabled the "log-stack-trace-on-non-critical-exception" ? It is known to cause freezes since it loads symbols file to generate readable stack trace for the purpose of log file, but it is only supposed to be used when debugging issues.

If that is not the case, please post log file and possibly save file that i could sync mods with and load to see what is happening.

erixonich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.107] Game periodically freezes for several seconds after update

Post by erixonich »

Thanks for reply,

I've checked `%APPDATA%/Factorio/config/config.ini` and line with config mentioned by you is commented out, I assume that default value is false. I am attaching config.ini just in case.

I've managed to save game and log file just after another event.

Also I loaded autosave 2 mins back in game time to check whether problem reproduces in particular game time, but unfortunately it is not.

I am attaching save file plus log file to this post.
Attachments
config.ini
(49.78 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
freeze.zip
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
factorio-current_freezes.log
(198.85 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Return to “Technical Help”