Specific version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Specific version

Post by MisterFister »

Is there any way to obtain this specific full-kit version of the game? In Steam, I can revert either as far back as v1.1.87, or back to v0.18.x. My modded savefiles are intact after a hiatus from last playing the game back in April 2023. During that hiatus, the SSD was re-imaged and Windows 11 was reinstalled, but between personal backups and Steam cloud I seem to have correctly retained access to all of my savefiles, as well as to blueprint-storage.dat.

The problem is that opening the game now fails to recognize any data within my blueprint library, and almost 5000 hours of blueprinting and doodles is inaccessible.

My troubleshooting efforts so far have included attempting to enter three different savefiles, two of them modded and one of them vanilla. All 3 were last accessed on April 23, 2023, which was a Monday, and I was running base v1.1.76-0 at the time (locked to that version since one of the modded savefiles was multiplayer.) First, no joy in base v1.1.107-0, without and then with mods. Note that the savegames do indeed load correctly (even the modded savefiles loaded without mods -- the modded entities would then be missing, of course, but otherwise the savefile opens with no apparent savefile-specific issues.) The mods do download / load / sync correctly, and again, the savefiles also load.

In all cases, blueprint library is inaccessible, and the only workaround is that the savefiles themselves do have outdated copies of some blueprint-objects in a trash chest, all from before linking directly from the bp-library became the norm -- thus, with linking straight to the source, these savefiles no longer actually "contain" the blueprint books I'm hoping to find, they were all in the library.

Fully uninstalled, cleaned out AppData\Factorio, re-attempted via base v1.1.87, same symptoms across all attempts.

Factorio.com does allow me to download base v1.1.76 DEMO version, but no apparent link to full-kit downloads. And again, this is with a vetted account and game license.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

BrainGamer_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Specific version

Post by BrainGamer_ »

you could try the method described here to recover your blueprints: 94427

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Specific version

Post by FuryoftheStars »

MisterFister wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 am
Is there any way to obtain this specific full-kit version of the game? In Steam, I can revert either as far back as v1.1.87, or back to v0.18.x. My modded savefiles are intact after a hiatus from last playing the game back in April 2023. During that hiatus, the SSD was re-imaged and Windows 11 was reinstalled, but between personal backups and Steam cloud I seem to have correctly retained access to all of my savefiles, as well as to blueprint-storage.dat.

The problem is that opening the game now fails to recognize any data within my blueprint library, and almost 5000 hours of blueprinting and doodles is inaccessible.

My troubleshooting efforts so far have included attempting to enter three different savefiles, two of them modded and one of them vanilla. All 3 were last accessed on April 23, 2023, which was a Monday, and I was running base v1.1.76-0 at the time (locked to that version since one of the modded savefiles was multiplayer.) First, no joy in base v1.1.107-0, without and then with mods. Note that the savegames do indeed load correctly (even the modded savefiles loaded without mods -- the modded entities would then be missing, of course, but otherwise the savefile opens with no apparent savefile-specific issues.) The mods do download / load / sync correctly, and again, the savefiles also load.

In all cases, blueprint library is inaccessible, and the only workaround is that the savefiles themselves do have outdated copies of some blueprint-objects in a trash chest, all from before linking directly from the bp-library became the norm -- thus, with linking straight to the source, these savefiles no longer actually "contain" the blueprint books I'm hoping to find, they were all in the library.

Fully uninstalled, cleaned out AppData\Factorio, re-attempted via base v1.1.87, same symptoms across all attempts.

Factorio.com does allow me to download base v1.1.76 DEMO version, but no apparent link to full-kit downloads. And again, this is with a vetted account and game license.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
At the bottom of the Factorio.com download page is a gray button that says "Download older releases..." and brings you here: https://factorio.com/download/archive/

That said, I don't think your issue is version related, as all 1.1.x versions are able to port up blueprints from as far back as, I believe, 0.18.0. Most likely, based on everything else you said, your \AppData\Roaming\Factorio\blueprint-storage.dat file was either straight up deleted, or overwritten by a blank one (if you're using Steam sync).

Your best bet would be to look at what BrainGamer_ linked to. Then make a backup of it in the future if you think there's a risk of losing it again (do not rely entirely on Steam sync... it will screw you over at some point).

(And I'm curious why I'm subscribed to this thread and received a notification of a post to it today that isn't there. Was this split out of another thread?)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Technical Help”