[1.1.72] I just updated mods and it completely broke my installation

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
leeux
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.72] I just updated mods and it completely broke my installation

Post by leeux »

There are some mods right now in the portal that for some reason are depending on the base 1.1.74 which hasn't been released yet, and the game offered to update them... now I have to reconstruct my mod list by hand because there's no rollback.

The worse part is that said mods have the discussion area disabled, so we can't complain there.

EDIT: Consider this a bug report, IMHO the game shouldn't offer to update a mod that has a dependency on a newer Base than the running client supports.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.72] I just updated mods and it completely broke my installation

Post by DaleStan »

I agree that it shouldn't have updated to mods that require a newer version of the base game.

If you haven't already rolled your mods back, you can probably switch to the experimental version instead.

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

DaleStan wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:56 pm
I agree that it shouldn't have updated to mods that require a newer version of the base game.

If you haven't already rolled your mods back, you can probably switch to the experimental version instead.
Yeah, thanks, it's fixed now... in the end they weren't that many, so I went one by one and downloaded the previous versions manually. It just took me by surprise, it's something that had never happened to me before, from now on I'll be more on the guard.

EDIT: I thought they were many more at first than it ended up being, because one of the mods was a library that many others depend on.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This is actually why many have asked for experimental branches with mods.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

It is because flib only has an optional dependency on base mod, so the version requirement isn't taken into account properly by the game when updating. This has been changed in the most recent version of flib so hopefully it shouldn't cause problems again in the future.

You can just delete the mods and reinstall them, and the game will still install the correct versions.
My mods
Content: Lunar Landings | Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:40 am
<snip>
You can just delete the mods and reinstall them, and the game will still install the correct versions.
Strange, I did that... one of the things I tried was deleting the mods from inside the game's mod manager and restarted, then I used sync mods to download them and it still downloaded the latest versions. But, perhaps I could have missed one of the dependents on flib while doing that and that's why it re-downloaded the last version? Not sure on what happened :?

But thanks, will keep that in mind for the future, in case it happens again.

EDIT:
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:39 am
This is actually why many have asked for experimental branches with mods.
Yeah, that would be awesome. But I can also see how that could be non trivial to implement... perhaps one day!

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

leeux wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:42 pm
Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:40 am
<snip>
Strange, I did that... one of the things I tried was deleting the mods from inside the game's mod manager and restarted, then I used sync mods to download them and it still downloaded the latest versions. But, perhaps I could have missed one of the dependents on flib while doing that and that's why it re-downloaded the last version? Not sure on what happened :?
Maybe you tried, before the fix of flib?
Or "sync mods" always installs the latest?

Return to “Technical Help”