I am getting errors in new server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
LolyP0p
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I am getting errors in new server

Post by LolyP0p »

Hello, I hope you could help me somehow with this error. One programmer wrote good and interesting scenario, we have 10+active players. For last 9 days server was hosted on that one who created scenario on linux server, then he had some problems in real life and couldnt host, so I rehosted SAVE FILE from my pc for a few days without a single problem, but my pc is not as strong as VDS, so I decided to buy vds and put there save file and host it from there. Bought powerful vds with 7950X, 16GB ram,100GB fastest nvme ssd.. I thought i will just put save on that windows server and it will run no problem.. so yesterday spent 10h trying to find why its crashing. I have a few latest error logs. I think maybe I don't have access to C disk, only to D disk and thats whats crashing(I am not sure if I dont have as I have only a control panel with limited things to do, like editing factorio files,settings, but not factorio itself, factorio is installed on C disk). I tried to write to support, they are just as useful as my grandma on troubleshooting. Now running same save file on server and on my pc since last night, and my pc never crashed while VDS is crashing non stop. I dont have more of these reports as they replace each other, but once I get more, I will add. Server had 0 online all night and I saw it was crashing often, by resources used. Sometimes it makes a save file and its ok, sometimes it crashes while saving. Last savegame file was with 0 online, it just crashed... Is it possible that I need to ask in vds support for access data privileges to something? or what is wrong? or I should just ask for linux server? Im trying to host on gtxgaming, in google I checked that they are a good company. Thanks
Attachments
new.log
This is last one like 30min ago.
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
factorio-previous (3).log
this one from last night
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I am getting errors in new server

Post by Loewchen »

The two crashes have nothing in common and one is preceded by a desync, so this is likely unstable hardware.

Return to “Technical Help”