The game pauses as a rule after killing bugs

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
HlebushekSSS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

The game pauses as a rule after killing bugs

Post by HlebushekSSS »

I do not know English well, so I will use the services of an interpreter. I hope that my message will help solve the existing problem faster and help in the development of our favorite game.

Once every two hours, the game freezes and nothing can be done except restart, usually this happens after the bugs are fixed (but I'm not sure). I will attach a video with the consequences. I would attach a log, but I do not know where it is :(
Attachments
Factorio 1.1.80 2023-07-05 22-59-07.mp4
(40.58 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: The game pauses as a rule after killing bugs

Post by Rseding91 »

You mistakenly pressed the "pause" hotkey which is shift + space. If you press it again it will un-pause.

You can change the hotkey in the "Controls" GUI from the main menu.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AlphonseSantoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlphonseSantoro »

Also encountered this pause screen, there is no indication that the game is paused and it looks like the game is frozen.

There should be either some text on the screen showing that the game is paused, you should not have to google to find out that you accidentally pressed "shift+space" and just paused the game. Its bad UX and should be fixed

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

AlphonseSantoro wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:52 pm
… there is no indication that the game is paused and it looks like the game is frozen.
At least in the video, there is an indicator: the grid is visible. Usually, the grid can only be seen when the game is paused. However, this indicator won't work if the option "show-tile-grid" has been activated in the debugging settings (F4 is the default key to open the menu).
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

AlphonseSantoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlphonseSantoro »

Yeah you see a grid, but I spent less than 30 min in game and suddenly see a frozen screen with a grid. To me it seems like the game is frozen.

Yes the main menu is available, but searching through all setting to try to find the reason is a horrible user experience. If the game said «game paused» then at least you know what to look for, what is the pause button.

Edit, the fact I can find multiple questions about this clearly means the UI is not understandable

Return to “Technical Help”