Cannot download MODS

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cosstrig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot download MODS

Post by cosstrig »

For the past couple of days I cannot download any mods. Neither from inside nor directly from the website.
From Factorio I get the message "Install failed for informatron: Download failed: Operation timed out after 30000 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received"
I uninstalled Factorio and made a fresh installation but still get the same message.
From the web site, I go to Mod Portal and when I press "Download" button to any mod, I get "This site can’t be reached dl-mod.factorio.com took too long to respond." and "ERR_TIMED_OUT"

Any ideas?

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cannot download MODS

Post by vinzenz »

Most likely something is blocking your access to the mods CDN. Are you able to download the game from factorio.com?

You can try disabling your antivirus or changing your DNS server. You can also use mtr to view the path your network traffic takes to dl-mod.factorio.com https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/net ... hat-is-mtr
bringing the oops to devops

Return to “Technical Help”