[1.1.107] Windows 10, crashes on autosave occasionally or semi-randomly during gameplay

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Hu-man
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.107] Windows 10, crashes on autosave occasionally or semi-randomly during gameplay

Post by Hu-man »

I'm running a K2/SE multiplayer server with some friends and we've been running into some weird crashes recently. It seemed fine on the last version, but I also switched out some hardware since then so I can't pin down what the issue is. It crashed once when attempting to autosave after hanging for a few seconds, crashed another time when I was just walking around, and also crashed when I opened the save in single player to check some things, then walked around.

Also, sometimes the title screen displays a lua exception and does not load, but I'm not sure if it's related at all.

The crash shows a pop up with "Unexpected Error" as the title, then lets me visit the dump file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- Hu man
Attachments
mod-list.json
Mod list
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
factorio-current.log
Crash log
(38.57 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.107] Windows 10, crashes on autosave occasionally or semi-randomly during gameplay

Post by Loewchen »

The crash strongly suggests hardware instability.

Hu-man
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.107] Windows 10, crashes on autosave occasionally or semi-randomly during gameplay

Post by Hu-man »

Thanks for the help! Any suggestions for what to look into?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

It is crashing in part of code that runs multithreaded, this could mean the cpu is not able to handle the load or the mainboard is not able to supply the power. If you are overclocking, remove it including xmp and update your bios. If you know what you are doing you can try if increasing core voltage helps.

Hu-man
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hu-man »

Ok, thanks! :D

Return to “Technical Help”