Mod installation help

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Gellentte
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mod installation help

Post by Gellentte »

Hi guys n gals.

Not sure if this sort of thread has already been made but i need help with installing a mod, every time i follow a tutorial video on how to do it, it crashed my game on start up with a windows error message.

Filename of mod
C:/Users\Duncan\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\rail-layer.zip
doesn't match the expected rail-layer_0.0.6.zip (case sensitive)

i find this odd becuase i didn't install factorio in my C: drive. i installed it in my F: drive.
i've tried moving the mod into my F: drive factorio mods folder and i get a similar error.

any one have any ideas?

Gell

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod installation help

Post by Choumiko »

rename rail-layer.zip to rail-layer_0.0.6.zip and it should work.

You used the windows installer i guess. If you want it all on F: you can download the zip version and extract it wherever you want, then everything should be in the same location.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

The mod's naming format has changed since 0.10 or so, so you should download the later version of the mod to match your Factorio's version.

The latest version can be found here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=61

If you're using Factorio 0.11.x, make sure you download the corresponding version of the rail layer as well.

Gellentte
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gellentte »

aha i see,

Thank you people! :)
it works like a charm now.

Return to “Technical Help”