LAN and WAN issues

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Incinirate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LAN and WAN issues

Post by Incinirate »

So my problem is, I want to play with two of my friends with factorio, they are on the same LAN network, but I am not, when one of them and I connect it works fine, but as soon as the third tries to join, the person who was on the same LAN as the third "stops responding" and is dropped from the game, and the third joins. My guess was that it was due to the PTP nature of multiplayer, and so two connections on the same port would confuse my computer, so I had one of the two on the LAN change their multiplayer port, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: LAN and WAN issues

Post by Bisa »

Have a look at Cubes explanation regarding multiple clients behind a nat:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =10#p93014

Essentially, you need to use nat loopback to ensure both the lan clients are aware of the public ip they are sitting behind else they will simply refer to each other as "local ip" and as soon as you get involved they will tell your client "hey look at this local ip" which does not make sense at all to your client as that peer is nowhere to be found on your lan ;)
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

Return to “Technical Help”