MP Server - no gui

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
yareczek
Inserter
Inserter

MP Server - no gui

Post by yareczek »

Hi,

I just start messing with servers with no gui - dedicate server, and I have find out that after you start factorio with '--start-server SAVE' param there is no telling what is happening with server. Of course you can start it in cmd but after few lines of initial code there is no response what is going on with server.

Is there any open hooks to see what is going on?
I could do some "magic" :ugeek: but I would prefer to not messing with memory too much. Also not always it is possible (admin rights :geek: )

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MP Server - no gui

Post by Koub »

Hi,

I know there have been at least tome topics around that ... topic :) in the past.
As an authentic linux noob, I'll post a few links I found with the search, maybe will they show you useful stuff (if not, you might want to give a try to search too) :
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13874
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6406 (this one links to the wiki page https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... ess_server)
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=13865

Honestly can't be of any more help, I'm more the single player on windows kind of guy :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

yareczek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MP Server - no gui

Post by yareczek »

Thx for info, but it's not what I was looking for.
If server construction will stay unchanged with no console command line, then I have in mind other way to get what I need :twisted:

Return to “Technical Help”