[0.15.7] Confusing error message

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.7] Confusing error message

Post by DevilXD »

Previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45700

So, I've just updated to the latest 0.15.7 version to finally check if it'll start with the mods I've just updated.

Instead of this:

... I've got this:

... which is the same error message but in a different kind dialog.

I expected it to tell me at least which mod is causing the trouble, but I'm still clueless about which one it can be and where should I add the "icon_size" property, unless it's the "base" mod as the message says ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also, I think "base" shouldn't be even listed on the "Mods to disable" list, because disabling it essentially removes all in-game content.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.7] Confusing error message

Post by posila »

This is related to announcement: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=46437

Code: Select all

- Icons are now required to have correct size (which can be overridden by icon_size property). (https://forums.factorio.com/45700)
      - 32x32px for entity, fluid, item, item-group, recipe, technology, virtual-signal
      - 128x128px for achievement, tutorial
      - If icon path references base mod, technology icon is expected to be 128x128px and item-group icon 64x64px.
      - In near future, we may remove default sizes and require icon_size to be always specified.
In some prototype you use repair-pack.png as an icon.

{
icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/repair-pack.png",
}
And in context of that particular prototype, icon is expected to have 128x128px, but actual image has only 32x32px.

So you need to specify icon_size:

{
icon = "__base__/graphics/icons/repair-pack.png",
icon_size = 32,
}

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Ohh, so it's a mod using a vanilla icon then :oops: Why I didn't think of that...

Thank you for explaining this to me :)

Bondmint
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bondmint »

I am having a similar issue but I have never installed any mods. I am completely lost on how to handle the issue. Get the same message for all experimental versions. Worked last night, but not working today.
Attachments
factorio_err.PNG
factorio_err.PNG (27.24 KiB) Viewed 2061 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Bondmint wrote:I am having a similar issue but I have never installed any mods. I am completely lost on how to handle the issue. Get the same message for all experimental versions. Worked last night, but not working today.
Are you playing on Steam? Try to verify game files integrity in Factorio properties in Steam. The oil-refinery-fire.png should have size 200x240px, but on your computer it has size 464x35px.

Return to “Technical Help”