Cant find save game using the portable version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Cant find save game using the portable version

Post by Hogweed »

I just DL'ed the portable version - didnt realize it ran from the folder..... :oops: . I then DL'ed the .exe version which i may run so it installs normally. :D But where is the save game folder in the portable? I will have to install the mods in the folder that i DL'ed. The portable is pretty cool! But can anyone tell me where to find the saved game?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Cant find save game using the portable version

Post by Nexela »

The save games and mod folders for the portable version will be located in the folder you extracted it too by default. Note that some of the directories are not automatically created until the game is first ran so either run the game and exit and copy over the correct files you want, or create the mods and saves directory manually.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

When you save a game save file is names exactly how you named it in the game (with .zip added) so you might also use windows search to locate the file.
It will be either in the game folder or in user profile folder.

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Like the Mods folder, they both appeared once I started and saved a game! I got it now! Thank you all for your help! :D

Return to “Technical Help”