game.forces.player.chart problem ?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Okami
Inserter
Inserter

game.forces.player.chart problem ?

Post by Okami »

Hi Folks,

I like to get a quick view at new maps, if it is an island etc.
For this I used the command from the wiki. (game.forces.player.chart({lefttop = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, rightbottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}}))

Since Version 10.somewhat this causes the map generation to stop working. It works with the values 1024, but not with 2048 or higher it seems. Iam missing something ?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: game.forces.player.chart problem ?

Post by ssilk »

Moved from general
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: game.forces.player.chart problem ?

Post by cube »

What do you mean, stop working?
In 0.10 charting runs in background instead of stopping the game, so the game.player.force.chart command doesn't reveal the map at once, but starts charting while the game runs. This means that when you manually explore some new world, it is queued with the chunks ordered by the lua command and has to wait for its turn to appear.

Wait for some time after using the lua chart command.
If you are impatient, you can sort of follow the progress of charting in the "Map Generator" section in the bottom left corner of F5 debug info -- First all the chunks have tiles selected and you can see the "Tiles" time being large, then the tiles are corrected for invalid combinations ("Corrections'), then tile variations are chosen ("Variations"), and finaly entities are generated.

Return to “Technical Help”