Alternate game win conditions?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
i-make-robots
Inserter
Inserter

Alternate game win conditions?

Post by i-make-robots »

Five tiers of rocket defense, not one artillery weapon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw

Please may I have a space elevator as the game winning construction project? It would be the ultimate wonder of the world. I have yet to see any game produce one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

I imagine the footprint would be about 60x60 and take up a few billion iron and maybe 20 million copper.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Alternate game win conditions?

Post by Nova »

Why five stages of rocket defense? If you just want to wast ressources, you can try to automate the production of the rocket defense.
What artillery? There's no artillery in the game.
What have the rolling stones to do with that?

20 billion iron? You want to mine ca. 200.000 fields with each 100.000 iron ore? Sounds much, doesn't it?
60x60? Why so huge? An elevator would have a much smaller footprint, if you don't care about the buildings around it (and the player wouldn't care).
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

20 billion iron seems reasonable.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Err, no, it doesn't.

I've created a new map with very large, very dense and very common (or how you call it...) iron fields and did search for one of the larger. It was ca. 17 * 17 tiles big and had ca. 5583 iron ore on average per tile. You would need ca. 12400 of this fields to get 20 billion iron ore. Have fun to connect them all with a train layout.
Other example:
You can smelt one iron ore in 3.5 seconds normally. The electric furnace can do that in half the time. Two speed modules 3 can cut down this time to 0.7 seconds. Now let's say we use 1000 electric furnaces (all with two speed module 3) to smelt them. Do you know how long that would take in real time? An hour? No, much higher. A day? Na, still far off. A month? Nope. It takes over 5 freaking months of raw game time to do that.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

I really hope this wasn't a serious suggestion lol. But if it was. There is a game you should look into called Star Ruler. It has very interesting scaling and this is an example of a game that makes large scale work. Factorio... not so much. For it to work you'd have to significantly increase the ability to do pretty much everything faster and more efficient.

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Calico »

As intriguing as a space elevator would be.... You're alone on a planet full of things that like nothing better to kill your pollution emitting ***. Nope, not very likely a scenario where a space elevator seems feasible.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

5 months? Bring us more gameplay! Need tha ore!

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

I must say, you get a 10/10 for ambition! How much ore? :shock: :shock:

Khyron
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khyron »

i-make-robots wrote:I have yet to see any game produce one.
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. One of the greatest games ever made.

Space elevator wonder completion video

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

i wood like to add this may be a good Multiplayer gole :?:

Taffetafanatic5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Taffetafanatic5 »

its a cool idea but that is totally ridiculous. do you expect me to play this and only mine for a month or something also as stated earlier it would take five months! FIVE MONTHS! no that's not happening

Return to “General discussion”