Solar Panel layout

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Tashen
Inserter
Inserter

Solar Panel layout

Post by Tashen »

I know there are threads about the best number of accumulators to solar panels. What I am looking for is the best layout that you have come up with which you can create a blueprint of and easily reproduce.

So lets see some pics of your best layouts!

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Solar Panel layout

Post by sbroadbent »

16 Solar Panels, 12 Accumulators with a Substation in the center. Place the Accumulators in a cross with 4 Solar Panels each in the four corners.

If you need an Accumulator layout to boost the number of Accumulators 48 Accumulators surrounding a Substation. If you don't place them in line horizontally or vertically with each other, wires won't reach to each other. In addition, if placing a number of these, you'll want to make sure most of the substations connect to each other. I had a couple situations where when placed, the wires didn't connect to nearby Substations, leaving me with a couple groups that were their own power network. Aesthetically I like this layout because at night when the Accumulators come on, they create a cross pattern.

I had a design utilizing a substation in the center surrounded by 8 Accumulators and then circled by 32 Solar Panels (picture attached), but I wanted a bit more of an even mix of Panels to Accumulators, plus expanding the layout over a wide area required periodically replacing one of the Accumulators with Big Poles, so not easily Blueprintable, unless you had multiple BluePrints to deal with the longer wire reach required.

Ideally you'd build these in areas you don't need to physically access.
Attachments
solar-layout.png
solar-layout.png (685.67 KiB) Viewed 45156 times
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Personally I prefer a more solar panel leaning ratio for my power clusters.
I almost always try to stick a layout similar to the picture sbroadbent posted.
I've got two rings of solar panels, 7 accumulators and a big powerpole in the innermost ring, with the substation in the middle (of course).
I tend to put a single tile of space between each cluster, giving me foot access to all items with at most one solar panel to replace (two if I don't want to go around to the other side).
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

The one I personally use is this one:

With it I can make things like this design:

Where I can add Solar Panels independently of the accumulattors I have. Also allow almost maximum distribution of solar panels per space I could think of.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

I prefer to keep my accumulators and solarpanels apart, so the below design only has solar panels.
What makes this easy to expand and reproduce is the fact that it contain robot ports in the center which allows for easy and fast contruction of similair blueprints next to it.
Everything you have to do to contruct this is supply the materials, some contruction robots and plop down the blueprint.

The blueprint contains 236 solar panels, 16 substations and 4 robot ports.

Waste of bytes : P

CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CharitableClas »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7QiNZGbfQ

Just click the link and watch my video enough said also its kinda jumpy with the game chat and i added subtitles since i dont use a mic when i do i tend to get too loud... so yea

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

CharitableClas wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7QiNZGbfQ

Just click the link and watch my video enough said also its kinda jumpy with the game chat and i added subtitles since i dont use a mic when i do i tend to get too loud... so yea
You should use Open Broadcasting Software to record. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with Bandicam, but I like OBS a lot more. https://obsproject.com/
When you learn how to use OBS it is very powerful. Most Twitch streamers use it too.

CharitableClas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CharitableClas »

MalContentFL wrote:
CharitableClas wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7QiNZGbfQ

You should use Open Broadcasting Software to record. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with Bandicam, but I like OBS a lot more. https://obsproject.com/
When you learn how to use OBS it is very powerful. Most Twitch streamers use it too.
the only reason i used bandicam was because its free and records 10 mins of video for free which is about all i need and if i need more i can just combine it using Windows Movie Maker and instantly upload it to Youtube... so yea also the reason for the mic when i played xbox live and used a mic i would wake people up at night because i was too loud talking so i just got to where i dont use a mic at all

Return to “General discussion”