Downloaded demo on Steam yesterday, permabanned on Steam discussions.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Phero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Downloaded demo on Steam yesterday, permabanned on Steam discussions.

Post by Phero »

It's a pretty long and generous demo but I still had some questions about the full game (such as why it runs at 60fps which I later found out).

What surprised me was that I go to the Steam forums General Discussion and a message up top says that I am permabanned from those discussions because of flame baiting? What?
I never played this game or demo in my life before yesterday. I went through my post history on Steam back to 2013 and I never posted on the Factorio discussion forums. So what happened here? Did some insane mod just randomly ban people they didn't like or was I mistaken for someone else?

"Phero" on Steam as well.

Regards.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Downloaded demo on Steam yesterday, permabanned on Steam discussions.

Post by Koub »

Can't tell how the Factorio steam community is handled, by who, but I can tell we don't ban people for no reason here, on this forum. So feel free to ask all your questions here. You might even find out someone has already asked the same things, and been answered : in the 10+ years of development and existence, a LOT has been discussed here.
This thread, for example, was created for people who were considering buying the game, but still had questions before doing so : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13362.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Phero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phero »

Thanks for the welcome.

XT-248
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XT-248 »

I did a people search using Phero. To my surprise, there are a lot of them. The chance is remote that a moderator might have selected the wrong 'Phero.'

In your situation, I would contact customer support for clarity; I don't think there is a direct method to communicate or reach out to moderators on Steam.

Koub, I am sure you are most likely aware of it. Still, the Global Steam moderators have handled the Factorio Steam Community and, for the most part, left to our own devices in the Factorio sub-communities.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

XT-248 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:01 am
Koub, I am sure you are most likely aware of it. Still, the Global Steam moderators have handled the Factorio Steam Community and, for the most part, left to our own devices in the Factorio sub-communities.
You'd be surprise how little I am involved outside of this forum, especially considering how much I am involved on this forum. I know nothing of how/by whom the community is ran on Steam, Reddit, Discord, ...
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

XT-248
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XT-248 »

Koub wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:34 am
You'd be surprise how little I am involved outside of this forum, especially considering how much I am involved on this forum. I know nothing of how/by whom the community is ran on Steam, Reddit, Discord, ...
I am not surprised.

I have a limited amount of free time to spend in various communities. Same as you.

Return to “General discussion”