Factorio achievements proposals

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio achievements proposals

Post by Klonan »

Well i guess you need a handful of 'noob' achievments -

Getting started - Finish your first research project.
Time to meet the natives - Take out your first biter/spitter spawner
Timber! - Chop down your first 30 trees
Lateral thinking - Use a gun to kill a tree
Morning has broken - 'Survive' the first night
Close call - Recover to full health from under 10% hp
Marathon man - Walk over 26miles
Mr Maintenance - Repair over 500hp of damage with repair packs

there could be some challenge achievements too, just brainstorming here

Take out 50 spawners in under 2 minutes
Have total power production over 1GW
Collect 5000 alien artifacts
Have pollution in over 40 chunks

And some... funny ones

Die by train coillision
Use a grenade on your own base
Die by your own poison capsule
Have over 2000 copper cable in your inventory

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I really like those Klonan, a lot are actually ideas I had too. :p

Here are a few others of mixed variety:
Automated Building - Place down your first Blueprint
Automated Deconstruction - Use the deconstruction planner for the first time.
Personal Army - Have 50 or more Destroyers following you.
Kamikaze - Destroy a spawner by running into it with a vehcile
Outranged - Destroy a spawner (or worm) with a Rocket Launcher
Age of Robots - Have 1000 or more total robots in your logistics network
Adventurer - Explore past the area your radar has scanned
Expansion - Secure your first mining outpost outside the starting area

Those are just off the top of my head. Names could use some work. Lol :)
Image Image Image

Rage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rage »

If this is going to be done, I ask that it not just be achievements, but there also be statistics. In my opinion, achievements for things you would do anyway are, for the most part, not very noteworthy.
Klonan wrote: 'noob' achievments
are something that came out of alot of FPS games that tried to satisfy those that play to get said achievements. What I'd like to see is that things like that be shown as statistics.
Things like: days survived, items crafted by hand, items crafted by machine, total kills of each thing you've killed, times you've been killed by aliens, times you've died by train, items mined, highest energy production (by type?), highest energy consumption, highest energy stored.

Things that should be achievements should be things that either require a lot of time and effort and resources, or a lot of skill (and luck). For the most part is shouldn't be things you need to do, and should definitely not be things you would do no matter what.
Researching everything might be required if that's your goal, but let's be honest, you never need to full research drone command to be able to annihilate biter nests, and it's a very large goal.
Killing a large number of nests in a short amount of time, with and without destroyer drones, is something that requires some time, practice, resources, and a bit of luck; just make sure that the destroyer drone one has a much higher requirement, and the other one requires you NOT use destroyer drones.
Storing 1,000,000 electronic circuits, or building a factory that has an RD/H of atleast 6 is a truly desirable goal.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

finishing a game while doing the minimal amount of crafts

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Beeing killed by train: Likes to stay on track.
Jumping out of train while driving: Hurry up driver.
Entering wagon of train: Cargo investigator.
Fishing 1, 10, 100, 1000 fishes: Make a fishsandwich out of it! :mrgreen:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

I could sit and think of these all day, so I'll stop before I take this too far.

Paranoid - 10/50/100 Powered Radar Stations
Lumberjack - Harvest or Destroy 1000/10,000 Trees
Going Green - Have 1000kW Factory with no boilers.

Marauder - Kill 100 bugs during a power outage
Fat & Lazy - 6 Exosuits in 1 Modular Armor
Pesticide - Kill 100 bugs with poison
BigFoot - Be killed by a landmine

Best One:
Instant Flamewar - Put at 1 or more copper cables onto a belt
Last edited by therapist on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by johanwanderer »

therapist wrote:Best One:
Instant Flamewar - Put at 1 or more copper cables onto a belt
Oops - Spill items onto belts, instantly screw up the whole factory because the wrong items are delivered to various places.

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadZuri »

It jumped in front of me! - Destroy a tank by running into a rock

Rock Are The True Enemy - Destroy 500 Stone Rocks

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

There needs to be some noob achievements... but most should be actual achievements. Like completing game under a certain time or building 50,000 microchips in a game. Something that takes effort and gives your massive production factory a purpose.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Minuteman - Launch 60 rockets in 1 hour.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kelderek »

Rage wrote:If this is going to be done, I ask that it not just be achievements, but there also be statistics. In my opinion, achievements for things you would do anyway are, for the most part, not very noteworthy.
Klonan wrote: 'noob' achievments
are something that came out of alot of FPS games that tried to satisfy those that play to get said achievements. What I'd like to see is that things like that be shown as statistics.
Things like: days survived, items crafted by hand, items crafted by machine, total kills of each thing you've killed, times you've been killed by aliens, times you've died by train, items mined, highest energy production (by type?), highest energy consumption, highest energy stored.

Things that should be achievements should be things that either require a lot of time and effort and resources, or a lot of skill (and luck). For the most part is shouldn't be things you need to do, and should definitely not be things you would do no matter what.
Researching everything might be required if that's your goal, but let's be honest, you never need to full research drone command to be able to annihilate biter nests, and it's a very large goal.
Killing a large number of nests in a short amount of time, with and without destroyer drones, is something that requires some time, practice, resources, and a bit of luck; just make sure that the destroyer drone one has a much higher requirement, and the other one requires you NOT use destroyer drones.
Storing 1,000,000 electronic circuits, or building a factory that has an RD/H of atleast 6 is a truly desirable goal.
I would also like to see some form of in game statistics that would be separate from achievements. It might look like the production window, but with numbers showing how many of each item you've crafted in the lifetime of that game. Number of kills for each alien/nest type, number of deaths, etc. You could separate out the kills that your character does with equipped weapons or drones versus using turrets, vehicles, or other defenses.

For the achievements, I think someone else mentioned that they can be useful for the devs to study their player base. So having some of the "noob" achievements for even simple things may be good to have in the game for no other reason than to allow the devs to gain some useful data about how we all play the game.

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

Bombs away! - Using a personal Roboport, destroy an enemy base or biter nest using landmines placed by construction robots.
Island hopping - Win a game on a map set to generate with the largest water bodies and high or very high terrain segmentation.
Continental industrialist - Win a game with almost no water on the map.

and for pure humor

Yo Dawg - Kill an enemy with a landmine placed on an ore field.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

The Phoenixian wrote:Bombs away! - Using a personal Roboport, destroy an enemy base or biter nest using landmines placed by construction robots
That's what the chest bomb should have been called if it wouldn't have been fixed. :D

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

MeduSalem wrote:
The Phoenixian wrote:Bombs away! - Using a personal Roboport, destroy an enemy base or biter nest using landmines placed by construction robots
That's what the chest bomb should have been called if it wouldn't have been fixed. :D
No no that's Carpet bombing: It's like like an explosion, and then suddenly you have iron plate carpeting everywhere. :P
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

The Phoenixian wrote:No no that's Carpet bombing: It's like like an explosion, and then suddenly you have iron plate carpeting everywhere. :P
You are right... Sounds better. Too bad most of the Steam Users will never see such a thing... xD

... Somehow I think this achievement should be in the game as a hidden easteregg... somewhere in the campaign or so. Like one chest that's not following the rules. :D

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

It's still there, just downgrade a full chest while your inventory is full.

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

I'll agree..we need a few 'are you actually playing this game' achievements for noobs and chieve collectors..but I would like achievements to actually be for doing more than 'just' playing the game and making progression. I'd like to see achieves for play that is above and beyond normal. So this'll have a bit of both in the suggestions. The noob ones should actually lead to tutorial actions (IE do this because its smart) or just be things that will happen if players are 'doing it right'. They could also be ways to catch pitfalls of common players..by providing a response to an 'error state'. A few funny 'oops you made a mistake' are probably worthwhile as well.

Noob:
I'm too busy for that: Get coal into a burner drill without doing it by hand.
Who needs a runner?: Make a segment of belt that stretches for at least 50 tiles
Defenses Normal: Have a turret kill a biter.
You! Make that for me: Have an assembler makes it's first product.
You! Get that for me!: Have an inserter grab an item out of an assembler and not place it on the ground.
Automatic Defense: Have a turret be fed ammunition by automation.
Pump it up: Have a pumpjack start producing oil.
Drive by: Kill a biter while in a car or tank.
Model Train Set: Have a train successfully follow a schedule between two stations that are at least 5000 tiles apart (picked out a random big number..feel free to find a better).
Who needs a runner? II: Get your first logistics robot.
I've got minions!: Successfully place an item with a construction robot.
Design Created: Make and place a blueprint.
There is no way this will go bad: Have a construction robot be made AND be placed into a roboport automatically.
I have the power: Make power armor.
I can take it with me: Install a personal roboport into currently worn armor.
The Final Frontier: Launch a rocket into space.

Oops:
Maybe you should use some of that?: Have a refinery stop working because an output is full (and there is at least 1 storage tank of each product).
Well that's one way to empty the reserves: Deconstruct a completely full tank of an oil byproduct.
You win at chicken!: Get hit by a train.
Need More Power AAOOUUU!: Have at least 10 steam engines running at full capacity...and only have 75% of the power you actually need.

Challenges:
Death World Survivor: Get a victory on a 'death world map'
You sure you're making enough there?: Sustain production of 3k copper plates or more for 1 minute.
I suppose you were: Actually use 3k copper plates or more for 1 minute.
Welcome to the Swarm: Have at least 1000 bots.
Just like the model in my basement: Have a train system that streatches for over 10k tiles, and has 20 or more trains with operating schedules on it.
The old Turret Push: Destroy a biter spawner with a turret.
Successful Design: Use a single blueprint 50+ times (without ever making it blank).
I just built my base: Create and fully place a sufficiently large blueprint.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

What I liked most at the game "Rollercoaster Tycoon", that it scores your rollercoaster by a complicated algorithm.
For example then "sickness". But also the complexity in design. This was one of the biggest features: How much interwines one rollercoaster with a path, with another rollercoaster, will you see the looping from the path, will you hear the people cries? It was a good idea to place also decorative objects near to the rollercoaster. Mixed underground, underwater and a lot of more things count into.

This could be done with Factorio, too. Not the intervening stuff (we don't have coasters, you cannot "this is belt line 1, and this is belt line 2", makes no sense).

But you can for example count the number of underground belts below another belt. If that number is high it gains "attractivity". If it is above an value you gain some points or an achievement. It can gain also attractivity for the biters. :)

More ideas:
- number of splitters on one belt line.
- #signals on a rail.
- inserters on an assembly.
- undergrounding a belt, where you formerly rolled over.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Easy/will happen automatically or eventually
Electric Fly Swatter: Have lasers cause a brown-out during a biter attack
I'll take that: Grab a logistics or construction robot out of the air while it's bringing an item somewhere
Biter Stampede: Lose 50 entities to biters within 2 minutes
One man army: wipe out a biter or spitter spawner by yourself (no turrets/tank/bots)
Catch me if you can: have a logistics robot follow you around for 30 seconds trying to deliver something

Takes some (serious) skill
I love the smell of napalm in the morning: Take out a biter spawner using just the flame thrower
Chuck Norris: wipe out a biter or spitter spawner by yourself (no turrets/tank/bots), after evolution has introduced large biters
Surgical Strike: Take out a biter or spitter spawner defended by big+ biters without killing any biters or spitters
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Return to “General discussion”