A huge thank you

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kyborek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A huge thank you

Post by kyborek »

Česky

Ahoj, vím že na fóru je téma pro děkování ale měl jsem pocit že toto potřebuji napsat odděleně. Strávil jsem více než 80 hodin ve factoriu a ještě jsem hru "nedohrál", ale to je vpohodě protože to nemám za potřebí. Včera jsem se koukal na jeden stream a streamer mi pomohl uvědomit si něco co mi do té doby ani nepřišlo na mysl během těch 80ti hodin: Ve Factoriu mám truhly obsahující desetitisíce a snad i statisíce předmětů. Ve factoriu jsou pásy přenášející tisíce předmětů po mapě, dále jsou tam logické obvody jenž počítají ty předměty a okamžitě přenášejí signál dál, jsou tam logističtí roboti létající okolo jenž nosí spousty předmětů mezi truhlami s bezdrátovým signálem, dokonce jsou ve factoriu i realistické tekutiny tekoucí trubkami v potrubní síti.
To všechno sečtěte a přidejte fakt že se hra nikdy neseká! Když jsem si toto uvědomil na chvíli jsem byl omráčen. S tím vším co se ve hře děje se mi hra nikdy ani nezpomalila (kromě multiplayeru). Za to vám musím obrovsky poděkovat, zjevně jste si věci dobře naplánovali a správně optimalizovali hru a děkuji za to, že jste mi dali 80 hodin bez toho abych měl ponětí co to vůbec je lag. Pokud udržíte tuto skvělou kvalitu dovedu si představit že Factorio poletí nahoru jen co se dostane na steam.
Mimochodem, víte že faktorio je uplně stejné jako programování v každém ohledu?

PS: Slyšel jsem že OpenTTD používá Fibonacciho haldu pro expanzi umělé inteligence. Vůbec by mě nepřekvapilo kdybych se dozvěděl že se tato halda používá i ve factoriu třeba pro úkoly logistických robotů.

English

Hello, i am aware that there is a topic for thank-yous but i felt like i had to separate this. I have spent over 80 hours into factorio and i did not "finish" the game yet, but that's okay because i just don't need to. Yesterday i was watching one stream and the streamer made a point that have never even came to my mind during those 80 hours: In Factorio i have chests containing tens or hundreds of thousands of items. There are belts carrying thousands of items around, there are logic networks counting theese items all around and spreading the signal. There are logistic robots carrying items too and carrying items between chests with wireless signal. There are even realistic fluids in pipes moving all around your pipe network.
Sum all that up and add the fact that the game does not lag at all! When i came to the realization i was stunned for a bit. With all the stuff going on around i did not experience any lag at all (except multiplayer). For that i must really thank you, you clearly planned everything well and optimized the game well and thank you for giving me 80hours of time where i had no idea what lag is. If you keep up the great quality content i can imagine you will skyrocket when going to steam.
By the way, did you know that Factorio is so much like programming in every way?

PS: I have heard that OpenTTD uses Fibonacci heap for AI expansion. I wouldn't be surprised at all if i heard that factorio also uses Fib heap for, let's say, logistic robots' tasks.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A huge thank you

Post by TuckJohn »

This game is incredible for its optimization. While Playing GTA V, I will never shut up about the detail put into the game. While playing Space engineers, I will never shut up about how terribly optimized the game is(I actually emailed the devs of Space Engineers, and according to them, they have a 150fps difference between laptops and desktops that have similar specs). While playing Factorio though, I will never shut up about the high quality of the gameplay and how well optimized the game is.

I am really impressed with the devs and what they have done.

I am going to tag along here, and also say thankyou for the 300+ hours of enjoyment I got for 15 bucks. Definitely worth it.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Return to “General discussion”