Come and Guess #2: Stable Version of 0.13

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

0.13 hypetrainthread

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

Was kinda expecting to see a hypetrainthread for 0.13 but couldn't find it. Who is up for some hype? :D I remember the good old days when Space Engineers was about to release planets so everybody started logging in every Thursday evening and basically started DDOSing the KeenSWH site and delaying the update xD

Kinda really hoping for a 0.13 release today or at least before the end of the week because I planned on playing the GTA 5 update Tuesday and don't want to have to choose. I guess I should look for a pitchfork mod and start assembling the pitchforks in case the update doesn't come out :twisted:

I looked for a hypetrain thread but couldn't find it but sorry if I'm just plain retarded and missed it and started a duplicate thread.

Celador
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 0.13 hypetrainthread

Post by Celador »

I wish that they would just start releasing nightly builds at least on Steam. This waiting game is killing me.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Come and Guess #2: Stable Version of 0.13

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged "hype thread" with "come and guess thread.

0.13 will come when it comes, and that's all. It won't come any faster if people whine for it to come earlier. This is also why I like with people at Wube Software : they give the best to their community/customers, even if the customers beg for worse :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

[DegC]RubenGass
Inserter
Inserter

Post by [DegC]RubenGass »

Koub wrote:[Koub] Merged "hype thread" with "come and guess thread.

0.13 will come when it comes, and that's all. It won't come any faster if people whine for it to come earlier. This is also why I like with people at Wube Software : they give the best to their community/customers, even if the customers beg for worse :).
How is this whining? I didn't even request or complain about something, I merely stated what I hoped would happen.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

what can i say: i believe!

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Last edited by kinnom on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

I need 0.13 in my life

Post by GewaltSam »

Yes, yes, I know: It's done when it's done. I don't want to hurry anyone.

...but I need this anyway :mrgreen: It's time to start a big one again, and the most advanced I ever built, with logistics stuff and everything. Got some plans and ideas for absurdly complex builds like you wouldn't believe. It will be fabulous.
I can't decide what game changing mods to use though; I'm torn between a combo of RSO, Marathon and Bob's Mods (plus some Quality-Of-Life stuff).

What are your plans for 0.13? Starting over? Updating the old one?

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: I need 0.13 in my life

Post by NoriSilverrage »

I'm keeping my current save. 150h+ and I got a ways to go.

eladmir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eladmir »

Once 0.13 hits ill be taking of a few days from work, got some Comp Days saved up. Ill be playing it vanilla to make some of the achievements. It's going to be hard to not play with RSO and FARL (which i considered mandatory in 0.12). ill probably start looking for a good seed to prepare for my next game while I wait for the release!

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

GewaltSam wrote:Yes, yes, I know: It's done when it's done. I don't want to hurry anyone.

...but I need this anyway :mrgreen: It's time to start a big one again, and the most advanced I ever built, with logistics stuff and everything. Got some plans and ideas for absurdly complex builds like you wouldn't believe. It will be fabulous-
Hype Train incoming...
GewaltSam wrote:What are your plans for 0.13? Starting over? Updating the old one?
Try all my fresh new ideas with the old base first.

Then find out that half of the things already in place could be done better thanks to new additions with 0.13 or won't work anymore because of certain changes coming with 0.13. And the other half that isn't actually affected by 0.13 has been declared an outdated piece of crap by myself anyways a long time ago due to several months of toying around with 0.12 features but I never could be arsed to do it any better in large scale because of the amount of work necessary to rework 0.11 contraptions into 0.12 contraptions.

So to my frustration the total sum of outdated things in my existing base will force me to abandon it and start over from scratch doing everything alright on feature level 0.12, but making new mistakes due to not being familiar with 0.13, which then forces me to abandon the map once more with 0.14.

Which is basically the same procedure as every year, James. Ah, I mean every major update, Sam.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Unlikely we'll be able to dive right into heavily modded play right when 0.13 is released. With the possible exception of mods that happen to be authored by Wube insiders, mods are surely going to break, and take time to fix. Early ports also might not be up to the quality standards we've grown accustomed to as 0.12 development has effectively been in a "stable" development mode for some time (in the sense that new features and backward-incompatible mod interface changes have been minimized).

RSO may not be needed. My understanding is that 0.13 will bring RSO-like dynamics to base-game resource allocation. However, if you are sure you want RSO anyhow, be advised that (assuming RSO is even ported), although campaigns can be started without RSO and add it later, to do so a choice must be made between less-than-perfect options: nuke and respawn all resources -- which means all your miners will either be suddenly "empty" or, worse, mining the wrong materials, and a bunch of biters will likely insta-spawn on the wrong side of your defensive perimeter -- or play non-RSO until you reach far enough from your existing play area to start generating new map chunks. If, like me, you are prone to abusing the console zoom command to get satellite-style views of your base, or have deployed a lot of radar, that could wind up being farther out than you might really want to go. Anyhow not sure RSO or any mod has promised a port will even be forthcoming.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

golfmiketango wrote:Unlikely we'll be able to dive right into heavily modded play right when 0.13 is released. With the possible exception of mods that happen to be authored by Wube insiders, mods are surely going to break, and take time to fix. Early ports also might not be up to the quality standards we've grown accustomed to as 0.12 development has effectively been in a "stable" development mode for some time (in the sense that new features and backward-incompatible mod interface changes have been minimized).

RSO may not be needed. My understanding is that 0.13 will bring RSO-like dynamics to base-game resource allocation. However, if you are sure you want RSO anyhow, be advised that (assuming RSO is even ported), although campaigns can be started without RSO and add it later, to do so a choice must be made between less-than-perfect options: nuke and respawn all resources -- which means all your miners will either be suddenly "empty" or, worse, mining the wrong materials, and a bunch of biters will likely insta-spawn on the wrong side of your defensive perimeter -- or play non-RSO until you reach far enough from your existing play area to start generating new map chunks. If, like me, you are prone to abusing the console zoom command to get satellite-style views of your base, or have deployed a lot of radar, that could wind up being farther out than you might really want to go. Anyhow not sure RSO or any mod has promised a port will even be forthcoming.
RSO should be ported quite quickly unless something major breaks. I don't really expect it tho from the notes that we have.
Only exception would be if base game generation nets similar results - then it might not be needed.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

RSO is hands down my favorite mod. My first 3-4 games I didn't need to even build a single train because all the resources I needed were within transport belt range. RSO Mod increases the distance to my first iron expansion and pretty much makes trains a necessity. Since learning how to do trains, my enjoyment for the game has at least doubled. Absolutely fantastic mod! It sounds like 0.13 will include resource generation changes that may make RSO less necessary. But even if they make it less needed, the ability to go in and tweak the resource generation is invaluable.

Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out trains, btw. :)

Custom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Custom »

I've only been playing the game for about a week but can't wait for this next update! :lol:

Does RSO make it difficult for new players? If it's not too bad I'd like to give it a go!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] One hype topic for 0.13 is enough. Merged topics.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

RSO can make your life easier or harder it depends how you configure
0.13.13 stable

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Custom wrote:I've only been playing the game for about a week but can't wait for this next update! :lol:

Does RSO make it difficult for new players? If it's not too bad I'd like to give it a go!
The main reasons I installed RSO:

1. It changes how resources are generated on the map to move your first iron / copper / copper / stone expansions out far enough that you pretty much are required to build trains to get to them.
2. It increases the richness of the resources the further out.

Playing my first 3-4 games, I never built even one piece of rail road track. There just wasn't any need with plenty of resources close enough to my starting area I could just use transport belts to bring them in. There are pro's and con's of having so many resources so close. For a new player, it meant one less thing I had to figure out. But once I had just a bit more experience, it was disappointing to me that I could get so many resources close by without ever building a train. I think having all my resources so close made learning the other parts of the game easier. So, I wouldn't recommend RSO for a new player.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Please keep at topic. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Panasonic1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Panasonic1 »

Return to “General discussion”