A quick notice

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: A quick notice

Post by FishSandwich »

seanos1998 wrote:i think you misunderstood, episode 6 is the end of his first recording session, if the comments are positive enough he will do more recording sessions, you can see it in the description of episode 6
I don't think I misunderstood,
hi pals! its been a while since i posted an update so here is one for you. im on my phone so ill keep it short:
factorio - ends on tuesday! it's a great game and one that i truly enjoy playing but starts getting complex from the point i stopped recording and i'm happy to leave it at 6 episodes as more of a "check out this awesome game you might like" rather than its own full series.
It's blatantly obvious that means he's ending the series.

Chronos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chronos »

I found out about and bought the game based on Sips' video and playing through the demo. Maybe he didn't present the whole game, but it was enough for me to decide to buy it.

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

Chronos wrote:I found out about and bought the game based on Sips' video and playing through the demo. Maybe he didn't present the whole game, but it was enough for me to decide to buy it.
Same here. Sips is certainly not the best player around but he does show some nice little construction games.
Once i see one he's covering and it sparks my interest, I usually go over to Quill18's channel who has inevitably played it for hours already..lol..
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

diegokilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diegokilla »

Phy wrote:I found this game because of NorthernLion. He made a decently long video (40-50mins I think), but I stopped watching after 15~ minutes and bought the game.
Same here, only with 51ppycup, a prominent Dwarf Fortress youtuber.

Spinola
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spinola »

Hey I bought the game about two days ago after watching Sips play, it sparked my interest immediately. I'm already 17 hours in, have found it a real addiction, needless to say I'm not surprised he isn't continuing the series, the games much too time consuming and long for his youtube format. Still would be nice to see the game further along at some point.

I'd just be grateful of the extra attention his and any other coverage brings, as like me people who will like this game will have had their interest sparked from whats been shown already. :D

CruelOverlord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CruelOverlord »

If he cut it short it just means his numbers are low and his demographic is not interested in it. Yogscast are a business with a large staff, so if a series isn't getting the views they need then they have to switch to something else that will get them the views and advertising revenue they need to pay their staff.

Mortimer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mortimer »

I also bought the game after seeing sips play it...well about 3 minutes of it I quickly saw he would never do it justice and instead looked up elsewhere what the game was tried the demo and bought it :)
CruelOverlord wrote:If he cut it short it just means his numbers are low and his demographic is not interested in it. Yogscast are a business with a large staff, so if a series isn't getting the views they need then they have to switch to something else that will get them the views and advertising revenue they need to pay their staff.
If you watched sips for long time you'd see he is much more concerned with having fun than playing for views. If he was in it for views he'd still be playing minecraft with Sjin. He did a vlog of sorts around the first of the year saying he stopped doing long series because he gets bored and burnt out, so for the last few months has only had small fun series and not large highly viewed series. Also most the yogcast seem to have control over their content, as long as they make money and probably send a cut to the main office.

aichii
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aichii »

Watched the videos from Sips... took me 2 videos and then i bought it, Im hooked. Love the game and will spread it here in sweden keep up the good work!

CruelOverlord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CruelOverlord »

Mortimer wrote:I also bought the game after seeing sips play it...well about 3 minutes of it I quickly saw he would never do it justice and instead looked up elsewhere what the game was tried the demo and bought it :)
CruelOverlord wrote:If he cut it short it just means his numbers are low and his demographic is not interested in it. Yogscast are a business with a large staff, so if a series isn't getting the views they need then they have to switch to something else that will get them the views and advertising revenue they need to pay their staff.
If you watched sips for long time you'd see he is much more concerned with having fun than playing for views. If he was in it for views he'd still be playing minecraft with Sjin. He did a vlog of sorts around the first of the year saying he stopped doing long series because he gets bored and burnt out, so for the last few months has only had small fun series and not large highly viewed series. Also most the yogcast seem to have control over their content, as long as they make money and probably send a cut to the main office.

Sips works for Yogcast, they are a business and he has a family to provide for. Responsibility comes before fun. Look at the numbers on his Factorio series it is half of what it normally is. Also take note he is back playing Minecraft with Yog members in a new series "DirtQuest".

Salasilakka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Salasilakka »

I was brought here by Sips too. Game seemed interesting enough to visit website, linux support got me more interested. Video memory requirement got me worried, but after playing demo for a while everything seemed working alright so I bought the game. So far approx 50 hrs spent playing.

My setup is i3-4130, 4GB RAM and running Ubuntu 13.04. Yes, Intel HD graphics 4400 with max 1 GB video memory.

Return to “General discussion”