New Hope #3 seems impossible

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Gus_Smedstad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

New Hope #3 seems impossible

Post by Gus_Smedstad »

I don't see how it's possible to win New Hope level 3. I can establish a base that let me convert my starting resources to whatever I want. I can mine stone so I have a ton of walls. But that's not enough. I can wipe out the isolated nests, but once I try moving toward the southeast, the pods there spawn attack waves that I can only handle by kiting with grenades and defender bots. I never get close enough to kill even one Biter Spawn pod. I'll close in, run away while fighting, and then close again... by which time the pods have spawned another wave.

There's no iron or copper on the map, so there's a hard limit to how much ammunition or how many defender pods you can make. It's not nearly enough to make it possible to assault the southeast, or turtle toward it with towers.

The only video I've seen which succeeds is a guy totally cheesing it by running in with the car and snagging the computer just before they kill him. I've tried that out of desperation, and I always die before I get to the wreck.

CruelOverlord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: New Hope #3 seems impossible

Post by CruelOverlord »

Your over thinking it, just run in and loot the thing and the mission ends, you don't need to kill anything really. This mission is actually very easy once you try it like this lol.

ChrisAU
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: New Hope #3 seems impossible

Post by ChrisAU »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =18&t=3228

Bunch of help/tips there. It can be done without running through and just grabbing the item.

Return to “General discussion”