We missed it!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Darkreaver1980
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

About multiplayer stretchgoal, missing 343€

Post by Darkreaver1980 »

Indiegogo campaign funded 21.657€, thats 343€ short for the multiplayer stretchgoal.

My question, can i pay the missing 343€ and we get multiplayer? This game would be 10x times better if we could build up a factory together.

Maybe some people would donate together with me some money to get the missing 343€ together?

seismic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

We missed it!

Post by seismic »

We missed multiplayer by 343 €
:(

Can we still get it? Multiplayer would be awesome :D
Pretty please.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: We missed it!

Post by kovarex »

We will make an official update about the Indiegogo soon.
All I can say now is, that the missing amount of 347 Euro is not going to stop us from doing the multiplayer :)

Darkreaver1980
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkreaver1980 »

Just do it like star citizen and continoue to take pledges. Im pretty sure you will reach atleast 50,000€ total with it

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kadaban »

kovarex wrote:We will make an official update about the Indiegogo soon.
All I can say now is, that the missing amount of 347 Euro is not going to stop us from doing the multiplayer :)
HALLELUJA!

*picks up phone* "Cancel the suicide run!" :D

Ween
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ween »

They will surely find another way to get money !!! Direct to pay will probably help a lot :p
---<@

Wazzebu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wazzebu »

kovarex wrote:We will make an official update about the Indiegogo soon.
Sounds very good !!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Multiplayer is going to be a game changer (if done right). And it is a fantastic programming problem. So we are actually looking forward to implementing it :)

seismic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by seismic »

:D

so any ETA on when the developement starts for multiplayer?
Just want to know if we get some new stuff (like the splitter) or something else before you start working on multiplayer, or is multiplayer like the next thing you work on exclusively?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Multiplayer is high on the TODO list but it is not on the top. We might do an official roadmap soon. We have just discussed this with Marwin and sort of agreed that the Automatic Updater, Improved Mod Support and couple of other smallish things take precedence over Multiplayer.

mycale
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mycale »

Or maybe do a dev pool on how high on the list the multiplayer should be. Personally, I'd rather see more content than multiplayer.

Angelic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Angelic »

slpwnd wrote:Multiplayer is high on the TODO list but it is not on the top. We might do an official roadmap soon. We have just discussed this with Marwin and sort of agreed that the Automatic Updater, Improved Mod Support and couple of other smallish things take precedence over Multiplayer.
I agree with this. Right now, tracking dev versions can get a bit difficult - I have 0.2.10 installed, but the site only allows 0.2.8 to be downloaded etc. Also mods, who doesn't love them.

That being said, multiplayer YAY! (if done right and in a meaningful way)

Dumatoin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dumatoin »

I would prefer to see more content as well before multiplayer (blueprints for one)

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

I'm looking forward to everything that is to come. That being said though there are some definite holes in the game play such as early power generation. Coal burners are easy to set up, but an early alternative such as stone and wood windmills is really needed. Balanced research paths as well, with more options to improve existing items rather than researching new ones is also very much needed to aid with balancing the overall experience. Fortunately we are very early on in the development of the game so there is a lot of work to look forward to and enjoy in the months/years ahead.

Heinrich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Heinrich »

Angelic wrote:I have 0.2.10 installed, but the site only allows 0.2.8 to be downloaded
There is a link called "experimental release", where you can download the 0.2.10 version.

Return to “General discussion”