Is there still hope for the space station?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
indjev99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Is there still hope for the space station?

Post by indjev99 »

I am sure I am not the only one who was extremely excited about having a proper endgame. Launching rockets into orbit and building a space station. Maybe even traveling to other planets. But was this idea completely scraped? Are we left with just another placeholder of an endgame? Will this be how it is in the full release? When you look at the roadmap under Factorio 0.12 it says:
First part of the endgame content. (Build rocket and send it to space).
Is the next part going to come?

P.S. If by some miracle the devs decide that they will eventually implement the full endgame, I had made a suggestion about it that was pretty well received.

P.P.S. If somebody doesn't remember what I'm talking about:
fff-74-platform.jpg
fff-74-platform.jpg (108.2 KiB) Viewed 5315 times
This was from FFF 74.

Dooces
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Is there still hope for the space station?

Post by Dooces »

oh you mean the FF 74 where they said " I would just like to repeat that this is still in the planning phase"

trying to hold them to the ideas they AMAZINGLY share with the community is asinine.

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

some ideas work out pretty fast and others have to develop.

there already exist some Subterrain by @Gangsir and Factorissimo2MOD by @MagmaMcFr (sorry for wrong spelling).
Those are Brilliant ideas of modding.. so please look at those and try to help the modder with your comments, grafics and your download!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, the idea is not dead, but currently is not planned to be part of 1.0.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

posila wrote:Hi, the idea is not dead, but currently is not planned to be part of 1.0.
Gotcha!
There is a plan for 1.0! Bring it on!

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
posila wrote:Hi, the idea is not dead, but currently is not planned to be part of 1.0.
Gotcha!
There is a plan for 1.0! Bring it on!
The plan is launch a rocket to space and be done... unfortunally. There is still some hope that will be added as a DLC. The problem is the dev spend a LOT of work spend on the main game base and there is no room anymore for the "endgame" in a reasonable financial frame. Factorio cost only 20€ most game in that frame are indie games with 1-4 people working on it (around 2-3 years normaly). In case of factorio we are on i dont know 8-10 people and around 5 years already. So the game is currently way underpriced. Also how many hours most player play factorio around 50-100 hours normaly? So even here you are already over the standard that normaly is below 1€ / Dollar = 1 hour what normaly you get from a game. (except some game that can be played forever)

If (and only IF) they will make spacestation it will be as a DLC. I dont see the finacial frame as a free dlc. If you get lucky the game will be so popular that maybe it will be added as free dlc but i thing the game has already penetrate the market so they will be not much room for further buyers. when it reach 1.0 there will be a still a hugh income of new player yes but i dont it will be as many as we are here already have.

I have waited for space station for a very long time and still hope it will be added but i doubt that will be free in any way because of the time frame we are already have here. I dont know about the financial of the dev team here but i can count the cost and numbers for paying the team and the office for over 5 years.

indjev99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by indjev99 »

Dooces wrote:oh you mean the FF 74 where they said " I would just like to repeat that this is still in the planning phase"

trying to hold them to the ideas they AMAZINGLY share with the community is asinine.
What I'm saying is that there is no endgame currently. I would be okay with another idea, too. It's just that there is nothing there.

indjev99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by indjev99 »

So, do you plan to update the game after 1.0? Or is it going to be a DLC. TBH I don't mind paying for a DLC, if it is as polished as the main game is. But it just feels weird that you are working on other albeit great ideas, while completely neglecting the lack of an endgame. Would it not be better to do something about that for 1.0, and leave some of the other features for post-release/DLC?

Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jan11 »

indjev99 wrote:
Dooces wrote:oh you mean the FF 74 where they said " I would just like to repeat that this is still in the planning phase"

What I'm saying is that there is no endgame currently. I would be okay with another idea, too. It's just that there is nothing there.

the route is the goal^^

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

Many players including myself have got way more hours from the game when it comes to dollar/hour compared to most games. I would be happy to pay for expansion or 2.0.
kovarex wrote:We wouldn't make DLC, we would make an expansion. That is the difference.
Broodwar and Throne of bhaal is Expansion, new skin of weapon is DLC.
Knowing the devs for 3 years now. They are so passionate about their game and the trend they keep going and with 0.15 on the way, which will be the biggest update yet, I hardly doubt that they will fail delivering. They are still getting more developers in and don't do any stunts or desperate advertisements. The player are the advertisers :P Just be patient for 0.15 and we probably won't hear from you a long while ;)

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

Jhonny wrote:Many players including myself have got way more hours from the game when it comes to dollar/hour compared to most games. I would be happy to pay for expansion or 2.0.
kovarex wrote:We wouldn't make DLC, we would make an expansion. That is the difference.
Broodwar and Throne of bhaal is Expansion, new skin of weapon is DLC.
Knowing the devs for 3 years now. They are so passionate about their game and the trend they keep going and with 0.15 on the way, which will be the biggest update yet, I hardly doubt that they will fail delivering. They are still getting more developers in and don't do any stunts or desperate advertisements. The player are the advertisers :P Just be patient for 0.15 and we probably won't hear from you a long while ;)
Correct even if it cost 20 € (expansion prices this days) again i would still pay it on the first release day. Factorio is one of the best games i EVER played and still playing since alpha 9.

Also the setting (space station) would add a compley new layer to the game. You would need:
- Supply line from planet to spacestation (that need to fuel and relaunched so quit costly)
- Build and construct new parts (expand, build / It doesnt make sense to build them on the Planet that cost a lot of room inside a rocket)
- New problems / Enemies
- Goal to reach the colony ship and repair the damage ship.

I see that as a big expansion it would take a year to make this. We will see in around a one year we will know more ;).

Return to “General discussion”