Possible Solution to De-sync Loops and Map transfer Issues

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
windmill
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Possible Solution to De-sync Loops and Map transfer Issues

Post by windmill »

Hi

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong section as I couldn't see where this post belongs if at all or if the dev/forum admin mined me give this advise on the forum if not please remove my post. But I want to share my experience in the hope that this will help other Factorio users.

While this game is awesome me and my friends have had many hours playing Multiplayer (currently 23 hours on the same map) me and my friends have encountered Sync loops where the game is constantly DE-sync even if the game is reloaded and also where the client is connecting and the map gets stuck in transferring. This seems to be caused by CRC mismatch which is the checksum key in ZIP and RAR files while I'm no expert the way i've got around this and it does seems to work for me.

1. Go to where the game files are saved (if installed usually C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves)
2. If using something like winRAR/winZIP right click and extract the folder into same directory
3. Get all clients who want to join you to delete or move there _autosave1 _autosave2 and autosave3 folders from there game save directory and also C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp mp-download.zip
4. Now start up the game. when loading the map you will see the folder you extract with your game in. load as normal. Now get all clients to join this should hopefully fix your issue

If this doesn't solve your map transfer issue my friend Spector also found that if you perform the above steps but also rename the extracted game folder to another name this also fixed the issue.

This currently seems to work with 0.11.2 and 0.11.3

The only thing I can think of is the reason this seems to work for me is because there are no ZIP files to compare the CRC keys with as the host file is unZIPPED (no CRC numbers) and the client has no ZIP to compare to the host. This is a total guess but the only one that seems to make sense.

Other issue which we also encountered was have 32bit and 64bit clients joining if everyone is on 32bit or 64bit then there seems to be no issue. This has already been mentioned tho on the forum

I take no responsibility for lose of game save or corrupt installation and only recommend this if you feel confident enough to do so and remember to BACK YOUR STUFF UP FIRST!

Hope this help some people out there. and Happy factorioing :D

EDIT

Sorry I missed some vital bit out which I have now added

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Possible Solution to De-sync Loops and Map transfer Issu

Post by cube »

(Moved from bug reports)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Possible Solution to De-sync Loops and Map transfer Issu

Post by cpy »

So people delete their mp-download.zip and autosaves also true for the host? Or do i have to do something else?
Also host have to unzip save file into save folder so it will no longer be zip but just a folder?

Return to “General discussion”