Save edit

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
janon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Save edit

Post by janon »

Hi!
I generated a map with very limited resources, wanted to expand a lot by train. This worked quite well, untill my oil started to run out, I found a second oil patch that I used for a while, but now that this is running out too and I can't seem to find another patch anywhere. (Yes I have explored quite a lot). Is there any way to modify my save to either add some patches (ideal) or fill up the ones that have run out?

nyspace1
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Save edit

Post by nyspace1 »

I have thought about that and now I am looking into it

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

No need to edit save files, you can do it in game through the Lua console: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 458#p33525

janon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by janon »

Rahjital wrote:No need to edit save files, you can do it in game through the Lua console: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 458#p33525
Thank you! :)

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Dont forget you can put modules in your pumpjacks! Put productivity in new ones until it gets really low, then.use speed modules. You can even put beacons around with speed modules.

If yiu have 2 oil... its going to be very expensive on power. I would convert all oil into gas if I were you.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

ColonelWill
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ColonelWill »

Don't forget to put productivity in your oil refinery and every step of the oil industry after the pumps, where you want to do it as above.

janon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by janon »

I hadn't thought of modules, I'll try that as well :)
For anyone else coming to this thread for help, I just want to remind you that from factorio V11+ comands have to be written after a "/c" in the console.

Return to “General discussion”