buying alpha and full release seperate?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DaanVD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

buying alpha and full release seperate?

Post by DaanVD »

i wanna buy this game but when i look at the text from the first tier i see this: Even after the game is officially released. We deliver new alpha versions about every 2 months so you have new features and improvements to look forward to all the time. In case we manage to get on the Steam in the future you will also get a steam key. wich worries me... does this mean i won't get the actual game when the full release is out there and continue with the alpha? because i think imma wait than...

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: buying alpha and full release seperate?

Post by Nova »

You will get the full version and all future updates for the game.

Things like addons for Factorio or a Factorio 2 are NOT included in this, as far as I know.

FAQ wrote:Ok, how do I get this game then?
You buy one of our memberships. This is a ONE TIME payment only. You get the game immediately and ALL the updates in the future.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

DaanVD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaanVD »

so that means i will also get future updates when the official game is out?

semTex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by semTex »

DaanVD wrote:so that means i will also get future updates when the official game is out?
yes. not counting dlcs or sequels.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Its as the above say, It is a one-time payment to buy factorio. Any updates to factorio itself are free updates. If it is something like a scenario pack (DLC) or other downloadable content (DLC/Expansion), You may need to purchase them separately as they are different than factorio. Which will most likely be marked as DLC or Expansion, letting you know that you will need to purchase it.
Think of Starcraft 2, You buy it and you get the human race campaign, And any updates to it. But then Heart of the Swarm is released, (an expansion) It adds the Zerg campaign and a little extra like maps and some units to multiplayer. Its considered a expansion onto the game.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

ColonelFailure
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ColonelFailure »

Even if you had to pay twice (once for alpha, once for final) it would be worth the money. There are very few games that you can sink 100+ hours into and still feel like you'd barely scratched the surface of what's possible.

But you don't, no.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

ColonelFailure wrote:Even if you had to pay twice (once for alpha, once for final) it would be worth the money. There are very few games that you can sink 100+ hours into and still feel like you'd barely scratched the surface of what's possible.

But you don't, no.
Correct. If I count the hours I spend into the ALPHA!!!! compared to the price, so I have to buy ca. 200 times factorio to get to the same price/time relation for *ONE* cinema-film or a fifth of an restaurant visit (alone, not with my wife (not counting my 5 children, waaaay to expensive))!

Return to “General discussion”