Character Walk animation

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Restless Frager
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Character Walk animation

Post by Restless Frager »

I thought about posting that in ideas but it seemed like a subforum mostly used for mechanics.

Seems to me like there's a reccurent problem between both iteration of the player's avatar: Its running animation.

People seem to find it choppy and I think I get the problem : There's no shoulder movement.

Imagine the upper body rocking form left to right as the character walks, it would look much more fluid.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Character Walk animation

Post by Nova »

You are a few versions late, there's already a newer version of the running animation with moving shoulders. :D
Looks still weird, but better, I think.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Canyew
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Canyew »

Yeah, the animation is a bit stiff. However it's a game in progress so I have no problems with it.

My question is, does anyone else picture the PC as like a Soviet Russian space miner? (Not trying to be offencive here. I like the aesthetic, plus the fact he has a AK47 on his back doesn't help my opinion.)

It's like "Captain Kirov is here! I will burn down your forests, steal all your ore and pollute your lands! For the Space Motherland!"

I Fricken swear that TVTropes nailed the discription of the game perfectly in one category: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... e/Factorio

Video Game Cruelty Potential: Factorio almost encourages you to play like a Captain Planet villain: clear cut forests, use up natural resources, pollute the environment for a vaguely-explained reason...all in the name of making your factory bigger and better.

Restless Frager
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Restless Frager »

Nova wrote:You are a few versions late, there's already a newer version of the running animation with moving shoulders. :D
Looks still weird, but better, I think.
Well I wouldn't know, I'm on the last version before tanks.
Canyew wrote:Yeah, the animation is a bit stiff. However it's a game in progress so I have no problems with it.
I'm not sayign I have a problem with it, and I wish people stopped using that excuse for every issue found about the game. We're here to alpha test it, it's our duty to go around and point at these issues.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Well, they did say they are unsatisfied with it, and are still working on making it look better.
Look up the FFF post from a few weeks ago where they say how whenever they take a break they run in front of the graphic department so they can have examples of how human running actually looks :)

Return to “General discussion”