Finding the perfect map

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Redlemon
Inserter
Inserter

Finding the perfect map

Post by Redlemon »

Hello there,

I love to play very hardcore games and the map is so random that it sometime kill the survival possibilities.

Anyway, i'm just looking for a way to discover the map at start.
By cheating or no matter what, it's just to get the map seed.

is there anyway to remove bigger fog around the player ?

I was thinking, maybe tweak the view distance ? i haven't found it in the core files.
i'm actually putting the game speed at 10 and running around like crazy in peace mode. But the trees are a pain in the belt. and some bitter attacks anyway.
Maybe a go trought trees command ? it's not optimal.

Do you guys have any idea of a tweak to see somes miles around quickly ?

Thanks again

Mat

Ps : i'm playing warfare with enemies maxed, ressources at minimum and small starting size. It explain the need to see a bit in advance ;)
if i go south and minerals are east, i loose for sure ^^ you could say i'm not really hardcore then... but heh...

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Finding the perfect map

Post by katyal »

/c game.forces.player.chart({lefttop = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, rightbottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}}) but you may want to change 1024 to a smaller value cause this will take a while to do its thing.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

katyal wrote:/c game.forces.player.chart({lefttop = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, rightbottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}}) but you may want to change 1024 to a smaller value cause this will take a while to do its thing.
Just a small note, you can write the same command eaiser way (I use it often):

Code: Select all

/c game.forces.player.chart{{-1024, -1024}, {1024, 1024}}
Or:

Code: Select all

/c local radius = 1024;game.forces.player.chart{{-radius, -radius}, {radius, radius}}

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yup those commands will do what you want. I just wanted to mention, that if you use that size or similar, it may seem like nothing is happening for a little bit, and then it will start slowly loading everything. Just a heads up, so you don't think it is broken or something. :p I would suggest getting a snack or something while you wait :p Took about 5-10 minutes for it to finish when I used it.
Image Image Image

Redlemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redlemon »

Holly molly, thanks a lot everyone ;)

I will try this for sure.

Have a great week end

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Xterminator wrote:Yup those commands will do what you want. I just wanted to mention, that if you use that size or similar, it may seem like nothing is happening for a little bit, and then it will start slowly loading everything. Just a heads up, so you don't think it is broken or something. :p I would suggest getting a snack or something while you wait :p Took about 5-10 minutes for it to finish when I used it.
Yes, when you press F5, you can see a field called "requests", it shows how many map generation requests tasks are to be processed.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

I really like it when the devs are active on the forums, we learn so much. Thanks for the heads up Kovarex!

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

there is a over way you can do this you gan use the map editer see all you like/ add some bits if you like

Redlemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redlemon »

Ho.. my...g..

There is a map editor ?

I'm 500 hours into the game and never saw it...

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

It's on the main menu, and not in the play menu, so most of us (at least me) automatically hit the play game button unless i'm messing with mods...

Return to “General discussion”