Hi resolution graphic.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Mycu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Hi resolution graphic.

Post by Mycu »

Hi,

on one of the previous news (couldn't find it now) there was info about the hi resolution graphics to avoid blurry zooms.
Any info when it will be released?

BTW: phenomenal game :)

lost57
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Hi resolution graphic.

Post by lost57 »

I just came to ask about this in a post but you beat me :) it would be great to have hi res graphics! I know devs are busy but maybe they can pop in here and give us some info.

beny166
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beny166 »

it was in one of the friday facts: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-64

But I don't know when this will be added. I think they're working on more important stuff now and this'll be one of the last things to add.

ccmorris
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ccmorris »

I hope it's not one of the last things. I would love this.

+1

nfcc08
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nfcc08 »

The graphics for the game are satisfactory as is in my opinion. By this I mean if you are considering how much rendering goes into zooming out as far as the game lets you which is amazing they are good. Also they are intricate graphics, gears rotating, steam coming from engines, glowing, little details on machines you do not appreciate unless you look for them. What I am getting at is if the hi-res graphics are added in last I don't mind, I am here for the content of the game, which is amazing! :mrgreen:

lost57
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lost57 »

nfcc08 wrote:The graphics for the game are satisfactory as is in my opinion. By this I mean if you are considering how much rendering goes into zooming out as far as the game lets you which is amazing they are good. Also they are intricate graphics, gears rotating, steam coming from engines, glowing, little details on machines you do not appreciate unless you look for them. What I am getting at is if the hi-res graphics are added in last I don't mind, I am here for the content of the game, which is amazing! :mrgreen:
I agree with you. I believe we are all here for the content. Me as well as the OP were intrigued when the devs mentioned hi resolution graphics in the FF a while back and were wondering if there are any updates. Maybe it will be last or never come out. The game is still awesome :)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The plan is, to do the high res versions once the endgame content is stabilised.

lost57
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lost57 »

kovarex wrote:The plan is, to do the high res versions once the endgame content is stabilised.
woo hoo Kovarex to the rescue! or at least the update :D So like next week it'll be ready :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for the great game.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I still wait for main game loop to be multithreaded :D
I like my factories big, like REALLLY REALLLY big!

Mycu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mycu »

kovarex wrote:The plan is, to do the high res versions once the endgame content is stabilised.
Thanks for this info - looking forward to see them in game. In this fabulous game :)

actheman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by actheman »

I think the Hi Res stuff looks amazing!!!!! :D The amount of detail you can see compared to the low res...
They look really sharp and high quality, and the little details really stand out like the curly hoses in the back of the car and from the turret... the fans on the turbine on the power station... I cant wait to see more!!!

Return to “General discussion”