[0.12.x][0.12.4]Bob's Mining mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][0.12.4]Bob's Mining mod

Post by bobingabout »

Tristitan wrote:hello, when i tried the command in my game it gave me the error sayiong that ground-water (a nil walue), just wondering what i have done wrong, also do the water pump jacks work on a water well?, and how do i turn that on?
The old version is the recipe in a water pump. if you want to use the recipe, you'll need to enable it in config mod first. I can't find the tag you need to change right now, I'm not in a place where I can see my code. Anyway, once enabled, it will disable ground water patches.

Ground water patches (for both Water and Lithia water) will pop up around the map like oil patches. You place the new water mining pumpjacks on these to serve the same purpose as the old water recipes from the pump.

Does that help?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

i had a look around my game, i tired to run the command to turn the pump jacks off and go back to the water pump but it does not work in my game, it looks like ground-water is not a resource in my game even though rso does have it in the config for bob's, i am not entirely sure but i am using 3 or angels mods (inifinte ore, processing and refining) and am wondering if they are causing my problems

edit: i disabled the waterpumps in the config but when i went into my game i still cant use the water pumps and the command to change it over still comes back with the same error

(cannot execute command. Error:[string"for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do for...]:1: attempt to index field 'ground-water' (a nil value)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Make sure you have the plates mod and config mod
Extract the config mod for ease of use (can be difficult to get running on a packaged version)
Open, and edit the file config.lua in the config mod.
Find the following line, and set it to true

Code: Select all

bobmods.config.plates.EnableGroundWater = false
fine the following line and set it to false

bobmods.config.mining.WaterMiners = true
load your game and enter the following command

/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.recipes["lithia-water"].enabled = true force.recipes["ground-water"].enabled = true end
That SHOULD be everything you need to do to disable ground water patches and water pumps, and enable the recipes for free water on the water pump.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Angels mods (refining or processing) disable both bob's mods waters and add different way for getting the water.
Not sure if they would be also responsible for hiding the recipes.

It might also be the case of not calling reset_recipes on force after config change so save state is not updated.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

As with the bobores, my mods will only remove the autoplace controls, so the entities are still there and the recipes should be there as well. With Refining the lithia water will come from the thermal water wells.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use Water PumpJacks? I can't find any sources where i can place it
What i can did wrong? I recently noticed that these Water PumJacks added to bob mining mod
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:Where to use Water PumpJacks? I can't find any sources where i can place it
What i can did wrong? I recently noticed that these Water PumJacks added to bob mining mod
They only work on the ground/Lithia water patches.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

May be its stupid question but how to create it - i can't see Water/Lithia Patches patches in map editor when i'm using Angel mods
I think that Arch66Angel believes what this patches makes disbalance in game

I can't see any options to turn on these patches in angel infinite ores or another angel mod - when angel mods are turned off i can create these patches in map editor

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/WaterWell - this mod can create water well with special Pumpjack from this mod - but its really disbalancing - i can create water well anywhere on the groundб not required no conditions to create the well, not sure that's right idea

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

angels´s mods remove the wells
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Well, Angel modifies my mod, so if you can use my water patches without his mod, but can't with it, you should probably ask him how to do it. Perhaps he'll stop by and answer.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Well, Angel modifies my mod, so if you can use my water patches without his mod, but can't with it, you should probably ask him how to do it. Perhaps he'll stop by and answer.
:( I hope Bob, i hope - his mods based on your mods in big part, that's some sad
I need many water for ores refinering in angel mods chain? so i have some problem with getting water if i have too low places with lakes or small water pools

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Well, Angel modifies my mod, so if you can use my water patches without his mod, but can't with it, you should probably ask him how to do it. Perhaps he'll stop by and answer.
:( I hope Bob, i hope - his mods based on your mods in big part, that's some sad
I need many water for ores refinering in angel mods chain? so i have some problem with getting water if i have too low places with lakes or small water pools
You need to find fissuers in angels mod to get access to lithia water. They are orange on map and look like cracked ground.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I know about fissures, that why i want to find the way to turn back these wells with Ground Water

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The options would seem to be...
Use angels mod and fissures, but no water wells.
Don't use angels mod, and have my water wells.

Since angel's mod overrides my own, there's nothing I can really do about it.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:I know about fissures, that why i want to find the way to turn back these wells with Ground Water
Drop by Angel's mods forum and ask for option to preserve wells along fissures.
(Might get tricky for RSO to handle but we'll fix it when it's available)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I can add that option, but it is stupid in the sense of what the mod wants to achieve: Less resources on the map, not more. You could also drastically increase spawning and yield of fissures, there are already options for that in the angelsinfinite config. And yes I know I need to remove the water pumpjacks along the water and lithia patches.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Bob, do you mind if I use your icons/pictures for your higher tier mining drills in my upcoming Prospector mod? I figure I'd ask before I go fiddling for a couple hours trying to make pallet swaps look good.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I don't recall actually using higher tier mining drill graphics. Are you sure you're not using a 3rd party graphics pack that does that?

Either way, I don't mind.
I also have a Patreon.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Doh, you're right. It must have been another mod using pallet swapped drills. Or maybe I'm confused and it wasn't drills.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I've got some 75+ hours logged in my first Bob's Mods game now and I've (finally) hit the point where my oil supply from a single oil field could no longer keep up with consumption, mainly because of a sudden spike in the use of plastic and lubricant.

I started looking at other oil fields but remembered you added higher tier pumpjacks and refineries. The crafting speeds on the refineries aren't of too much interest but max tier pumpjacks work at 0.5 oil per second on a 10% yield oil field, and I can install 6 speed mods. Currently I only have MK3 mods because that's all I bothered automating, but that brings the output of one oil well to almost 2.5/s. I think I upgraded four or five in this manner (still quite a few more available if I need them). Then I upgraded the Refineries and high-throughput chemical plants to MK3 and filled them with MK3 productivity modules. Sure it uses more power but that's hardly as much of a challenge as hunting for more oil, and I could probably triple the throughput just by adding more machines. If that's somehow not enough for endgame I could upgrade the modules to what, MK8?

I mean sure I'm over 75 hours into this game but only because I've taken my time, and regardless it was a single small oil field that got me to the point I could get an infinite solid supply of oil from it. I'm not sure if my consumption will skyrocket again later (though more productivity modules should still heavily mitigate it) but right now it feels totally unbalanced.

Maybe that's the point, oil is a pain on top of all the ores and I know you're not doing anything further this version but 0.15 will be increasing the minimum yield of a deposit based on its starting yield, which will further multiply the output of pumpjacks. As the mining speed of the pumpjack increases multiplicatively with the bonus speed from modules, I would recommend limiting all tiers of pumpjack to 2 mod slots for 0.15. There is still reason to upgrade the pumps because as I said it increases multiplicatively with the higher minimum yield and modules but with less oil wells per field hopefully it will be somewhat less OP than current.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Bob's mods”