[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Assembly Machines

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What type of Assembly machine should I add next?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 pm

A simple burner powered assembly machine for earlygame
30%
2x2 assembly machines
25%
4x4 assembly machines
45%

Total votes: 20

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.x] Bob's Assembly Machines

Post by cpy »

Does it work with 0.10.6?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

10.6 is outdated, fyi.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Straight pipes mod and floors don't work with newer version.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The reason why it is locked to 0.10.7+ is the folder naming thing, rename the folder to no version number, and then you can lower the requirement to 0.10.0 in the json file.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Well i sorted few things here and there and made it to 0.10.9 for now :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:Well i sorted few things here and there and made it to 0.10.9 for now :)
Fixing other mods to work with the latest version is better than sticking with an old version and trying to get new mods to work with it, well done :3

So, what do you think of the preview release?
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I made new factory with resource overhaul so my progress is slow as hell. Not even at MK3 :D

I spend most time fine tuning resource overhaul spawn rates, than testing your machines. I expect to hit bob level today. Im not very happy with my RSO but i'm getting close to my final liking. I made mistake in config and made your ores spawn as big as coal and iron :D
I'm too lazy to restart world again (4th restart this weekend).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, I know the feeling. Most of my Bob's Ore's maps were simply, spawn, look around, close, often in the map editor rather than an actual game.

The map I'm currently playing on was one I started in v0.3 or there abouts of bob ores, it has a giant splatter of ore in the starting area, literally the whole starting area is covered, I don't think a single tile was left without an ore on it. You can easilly tell old vains from new vains too, because the older ones have a lot less ore in them.

Although I do create new games when I'm changing my mod, it's mostly to just check the tech tree to make sure everything apears in it, but most of the time I actually do the production chain testing on an old map with all the resources already available so I can dive right in and test things. Hence why still using the 0.3 map. I don't play factorio as much as I used to. That's the thing with modding, most of the time I would get playing the game is instead spend modding, and testing the mods.

I have been trying a bob's mods game from scratch (Only bob's mods installed, I should add treefarm too, or risk running out of wood), but I'm stuck at the Electronics phase, I need to produce the transistors, and for that I need silicon. it isn't that I can't do it, it's just that I give up and go do something else instead, I currently have solder and circuit boards producing, I just need to make the electronic components, then get everything to one factory.

I tested it all with smart chests though, and I'm trying to do this with belts, it's spaghetti.

I was also considering a tree farm component of bob's mods, but if I did that, it would basically be tree-farm light, without the whole fertiliser chain. Purely tree seeds, growing trees, and a building to do automation. The main reason why I havn't though is... Yeah, it'd be tree-farm light, I'd probably use tree-farm (and perhaps DyTech and F-mod) as reference(Fairly sure all 3 do it the same way), and that would feel like I'm ripping off Tree farm. Furthermore, if I did that for normal trees, I'd consider rubber trees, then It'd be like ripping off DyTech too... my modules mod feels like that sometimes already...

At least with other mods like Assembly machines, and Power, I wrote mine first, so although DyTech might add similar machines, I don't feel like I'm ripping it off.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Problem with resource overhaul is that that nodes are 16x further apart and in much much less amount (configurable everything) you can't use map editor to see ores, you have to play game for that.

It takes really long time to explore RSO map so yeah it's taking time to do even basic tasks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

try writing yourself a little mod with a script in it to give yourself power armor, reactors and a few exoskeletons. maybe even shields and lasers to get around the biter nests.
I also have a Patreon.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Personally, I tend to do a small edit to my Base module to jump my run speed up, as I find stock speed to be so dreadfully tedious.
I just change line 312 of "Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity\demo-entities.lua" to be .35 or .45, instead of the .15 in stock.
The only real downside to this is that it will always desync a replay, but others can load and play as with any other save.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I was thinking... Yeah, it's been a while with no real feedback about the latest version I linked, so, either there's nothing wrong, or nobody has tested it properly yet, I might as well release it.

Issue: Since I suffered a hard drive failure a couple months ago, I havn't tried to log into bobingabout.gamemod.net from my netbook, it apears I had changed my log in information between my backup and the failure, so... I can't log in!

So I can't currently upload it to my mod hosting site, I'm working on solving the issue. Unfortunately, my hosts are basically a bunch of modders in a modding community somewhere, so they're a little hard to get ahold of. (It's like one of you trying to get ahold of me, if I'm not actively checking the forums, it isn't easy.)
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Problem with your mod is, it is much more balanced recipe, pollution, power use/production so much, that i mostly curse at dytech and treefarm how imbalanced their parts are.

Electric furnaces are real pain for me to bear. Higher tier eat less power and is faster! I mean if it was more power efficient because it's faster and eat just bit more, that would be tolerable, but faster speed and lower consumption. That's kinda BS if you ask me.

Assembly machines seems good.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cpy wrote:Problem with your mod is, it is much more balanced recipe, pollution, power use/production so much, that i mostly curse at dytech and treefarm how imbalanced their parts are.

Electric furnaces are real pain for me to bear. Higher tier eat less power and is faster! I mean if it was more power efficient because it's faster and eat just bit more, that would be tolerable, but faster speed and lower consumption. That's kinda BS if you ask me.

Assembly machines seems good.
My electric furnaces? I'll look into it, I havn't looked into anything in a while though, but I was thinking of looking at the machines added in my plates mod.

EDIT: I released version 1.3, available in the first post.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Dytech furnaces.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mine were actally unballanced too, I think they took 180kW reguardless of their speed, so the faster ones took way less power per job than the slower ones. Electrolysers and Chemical plants did reduce power as well as being faster.

So last night I made a step up system similar to the assembly machines to all 3 types of factory in the plates mod. I posted a WIP, go give it a try.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =90#p45502
I also have a Patreon.

Lone_Player
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lone_Player »

Hello,

I have there a problem with the Assembly Machine 6,
if i place one & deconstruct it later again, i get a Assembly Machine 5 in my Inventory.
This is a continued game before, the release of the Assembly Machine 6. [ it also happens for fresh new build Assembly Machine´s 6, that just come out of the Factory.]

Ps: I use the 0.1.3 Version

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Lone_Player wrote:Hello,

I have there a problem with the Assembly Machine 6,
if i place one & deconstruct it later again, i get a Assembly Machine 5 in my Inventory.
This is a continued game before, the release of the Assembly Machine 6. [ it also happens for fresh new build Assembly Machine´s 6, that just come out of the Factory.]

Ps: I use the 0.1.3 Version
Thankyou for the bug report.
I have confirmed that there is a Typo in the lua file (or more accurately, since the new MK6 entity had the same stats as the old MK5, I simply copied it, and missed changing one of the values from 5 to 6)
I have fixed this for 0.1.4, but can't upload it from this computer. I'll do it when I can, hopefully first thing in the morning.

EDIT: Uploaded, check the first post.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

See, this is why I don't like doing what I did yesterday. I released 0.1.4, then found a bug.
I've released 0.1.5 now that fixes this bug. I guess I'll keep doing this untill I hit 0.2.0
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.7+] Bob's Assembly Machines

Post by bobingabout »

Another minor update.
As the massive changes and additions to MCI 0.7.0 near completion, this release of Assembly Machines is basically to bring the mod in line with the new format.

1.6 changes include:
* Assembly machine Mk6 will now use the new Electronic Processing Board if it exists (from MCI 0.7.0's Advanced Electronics 3), or the old one if the new one doesn't exist. (Renamed to Electronic Logic Board in MCI 0.7.0)
* All assembly machines are on a new row in the automation tab. A result of the Production Machines line and Bob Machines line looking a little cluttered in MCI 0.7.0.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”