Two days worth of desyncs: 74

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Quis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Two days worth of desyncs: 74

Post by Quis »

We've been playing all day long yesterday and a little on fridaynight.

On friday (and the early ours on saterday) we were with two / three players: Bas (Mac OS; host) and Quis (linux); and we tried to get Wassasin (linux) in with portforwarding over the internet. I don't know which dumps are from the two players and which are from the three player game.

On sunday we were with five: (bas (Mac OS; sometimes host), Quis (linux; sometimes host), Edea (windows), awesterb (Mac OS) and Wassasin (linux)) and had quite a lot of desyncs. We noticed a lot of them kicked out both of our Mac OS players, but sometimes just one person, or two (probably not so) random ones. The game got into a lot of desynchronization loops, but that might be because after a desync which kicks out two players, they reconnect at once probably hitting the problems with connecting at the same time.
Most of the loops we needed to fix by loading an older autosave, sometimes it happened again, and sometimes it didn't.

We have no idea what we were doing in most of the desyncs, so I don't know whether you can do anything with this, but I present to you: 4GB of desync logs :D

http://struik.quis.cx/~quis/factorio-desyncs-0.11.1

(However we only player for about 6 hours (two in the first game, four in the second) we had a great day, even with all the desyncs. Great game devs, great game!

Quis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Two days worth of desyncs: 74

Post by Quis »

As it's probably uncumbersome to download all files by hand I've added a download.sh which will download all of them for you (using wget).

Achilleshiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Achilleshiel »

Hi Quis,

I had the same kind of problem, we had some desync loop between one linux host and one windows client. The other way around it worked perfectly.
After some time couple of desyncs appeared, but they where eliminated by switching of the auto-save on the clientside.

I hope you can do something with this information.

Sebelas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sebelas »

Just wanted to say, we had the same issue, and turning clienside autosave off worked for us, thanks for that Achilleshiel

bas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bas »

Achilleshiel wrote:... by switching of the auto-save on the clientside.
YOLO?

Or do you keep the autosave on on the "host"?

Bas

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, there are lot of synchronisation bugfixes prepared for 0.11.4 so I'm moving this to resolved for next release, as it is most probably related to this one as well.

Quis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Quis »

Ok! I'll upload more of them after the next release (if applicable ;)).

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”