[Public Uk/Eu] PvP Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[Public Uk/Eu] PvP Server

Post by Klonan »

Hello welcome. This server is mostly a test... maybe a social experiment of sorts...

regardless

There are 2 teams, there is 1 objective. Red Vs Blue. First team to launch a rocket wins.

Good luck.

No mods.

server: factorio.klonan.tv

Let me know if anything isnt working

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Public Uk/Eu] PvP Server

Post by LordFedora »

Well i got science (red and green atm) set up for the red team... but a quick question, how do we get purple science? there isn't any biters as far as i can tell..

regardless, i'm going to check back in in the morning :D

Gamingmaster025
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gamingmaster025 »

I just tried to join but getting a desync loop that already happened to me on another server not sure if its me or the server. My version is 12.6 i have bobs mods installed but all deactivated.

EDIT: I now tried joining with a totally unmodded version and it works now. Looks like bobs mods are still active even after deactivating them.
EDIT2 :D : How is pvp meant. Do you mean you can pvp other peoples or do you mean try making the other team life to hell aka attacking their base. or do you mean friendly pvp aka just trying to launch the rocket without confrontations?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

LordFedora wrote:Well i got science (red and green atm) set up for the red team... but a quick question, how do we get purple science? there isn't any biters as far as i can tell..

regardless, i'm going to check back in in the morning :D
DUHH i'm a dumbass!

I will add the alien artifacts into the market for now!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Gamingmaster025 wrote: EDIT2 :D : How is pvp meant. Do you mean you can pvp other peoples or do you mean try making the other team life to hell aka attacking their base. or do you mean friendly pvp aka just trying to launch the rocket without confrontations?

Well its PvP... but I wouldn't thinks its too fair to attack the other teams factories while they are away.
I'd say, leave the combat for the oil fields, oil is power!

But it is a bit BM to attack the factory areas when the other team is offline...
Sabotage is... acceptable ;)

Gamingmaster025
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Klonan wrote:
Gamingmaster025 wrote: EDIT2 :D : How is pvp meant. Do you mean you can pvp other peoples or do you mean try making the other team life to hell aka attacking their base. or do you mean friendly pvp aka just trying to launch the rocket without confrontations?

Well its PvP... but I wouldn't thinks its too fair to attack the other teams factories while they are away.
I'd say, leave the combat for the oil fields, oil is power!

But it is a bit BM to attack the factory areas when the other team is offline...
Sabotage is... acceptable ;)
Ok i hope shotting the enemy offshore pumps counts as sabotage :D

Gamingmaster025
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is some1 on the map because i got disconnected from the server and when i killed my game and try to join again i got the message Failed to establish connection with peer and a ip (not the ip from the server)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Gamingmaster025 wrote:Is some1 on the map because i got disconnected from the server and when i killed my game and try to join again i got the message Failed to establish connection with peer and a ip (not the ip from the server)

haha yea that was me sorry, just updating the market...for some reason it doesnt like letting people connect when im in the server, maybe because im connecting via local IP...

Anyway, i have updated the market to sell alien artifacts, and you should be able to join the server again :)

Gamingmaster025
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nope now the server doenst respond. Couldn't establish network connection with the server. But he answers pings.
EDIT: Now i can connect.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Gamingmaster025 wrote:Nope now the server doenst respond. Couldn't establish network connection with the server. But he answers pings.
EDIT: Now i can connect.
Ok thats good, let me know if you have any more problems :]

happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Post by happymoep »

Hey there,

I joined the ranks of team blue yesterday (randomly chose blue) and found out it's the more active team. Since you can't change teams I had to stick with that unfair balance :/
I don't know if you can even say "active team" as we were two players. For two hours none of red team showed up. I returned late that evening/night and noone was online. Some red guy must have shown up in the meantime though, because one of our production lines now transported items all across the map into the enemies base. I stole a bunch of products from their lines, wrecked the pumps for energy creation and went back to mind my own business. Playing maybe 3 more hours I made it all the way from researching the logistic network stuff (to get the roboports working) to just missing one more research before we could start the actual rocket research.

What is your (social) experiment aiming for?

If you want to know anything special, just ask.

Right now the server isn't reachable for me:
Couldn't establish network communication with server.
Is it down or is the project over already?
I wouldn't wanna miss the end of it :(
I liked this so far. More players would've been nice. Maybe such a tournament should be announced a little before launch date.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

happymoep wrote:Hey there,

I joined the ranks of team blue yesterday (randomly chose blue) and found out it's the more active team. Since you can't change teams I had to stick with that unfair balance :/
I don't know if you can even say "active team" as we were two players. For two hours none of red team showed up. I returned late that evening/night and noone was online. Some red guy must have shown up in the meantime though, because one of our production lines now transported items all across the map into the enemies base. I stole a bunch of products from their lines, wrecked the pumps for energy creation and went back to mind my own business. Playing maybe 3 more hours I made it all the way from researching the logistic network stuff (to get the roboports working) to just missing one more research before we could start the actual rocket research.

What is your (social) experiment aiming for?

If you want to know anything special, just ask.

Right now the server isn't reachable for me:
Couldn't establish network communication with server.
Is it down or is the project over already?
I wouldn't wanna miss the end of it :(
I liked this so far. More players would've been nice. Maybe such a tournament should be announced a little before launch date.
Thanks for the feedback!

I just checked and there was a loose Ethernet cable, server should be up and running once again.

I will look into adding a 'Change Team' function, i was worried it would be abused...

happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Post by happymoep »

Hey,

I didn't want to do this alone but I had expected at least anyone to show up today.
I think I'm gonna launch one for the blue team now anyway :S

Will someone join or fight me in the last few minutes? XD

EDIT:
I guess I made this post far too late. Our beacons helped create the rocket in about a minute and even the satellite was crafted quickly even without preparation :S
If we repeat this we should find some more people to join in.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

happymoep wrote:Hey,

I didn't want to do this alone but I had expected at least anyone to show up today.
I think I'm gonna launch one for the blue team now anyway :S

Will someone join or fight me in the last few minutes? XD

EDIT:
I guess I made this post far too late. Our beacons helped create the rocket in about a minute and even the satellite was crafted quickly even without preparation :S
If we repeat this we should find some more people to join in.
Hey googd game happymoep :)

Yea maybe next time get 3-4 people on each team at the same time, would be crazy, but progress would be swift!

Cyberdragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyberdragon »

Someone built turrets around spawn to spawn camp anyone that joins. Please set a no build zone around the server spawn.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Cyberdragon wrote:Someone built turrets around spawn to spawn camp anyone that joins. Please set a no build zone around the server spawn.
That doesn't matter, choose a team and you will be ok

Return to “Multiplayer”