My friend and I want to make a Multiplayer Map where we start like 30 minutes away from each other a

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

My friend and I want to make a Multiplayer Map where we start like 30 minutes away from each other a

Post by Kane »

My friend and I want to start a MP map that is more of a long game map. The goal is to get a train system to connect back and forth.

We have our own starting points someone at spawn and then someone miles away.

There is a couple issues and some ways I might know how to work around.

1. Biters spawn in larger numbers further out owning the base out in the middle of no where using Vanilla Mob Spawns.
2. RSO fun for these sort of Maps gets denser the further you go out but we could disable this to 0.
3. How do we get the first guy to spawn miles away at the new base?
4. I would just design the 2 spawn locations via the map editor.

Also it would be nice but maybe not possible to get different alerts and tech tree. I'm pretty sure the tech tree is not possible but at least different alerts be nice from bots or base attack etc. It sucks having to hear other peoples alerts all day long.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: My friend and I want to make a Multiplayer Map where we start like 30 minutes away from each oth

Post by FishSandwich »

Kane wrote:How do we get the first guy to spawn miles away at the new base?
Generate a custom map.
Kane wrote:I would just design the 2 spawn locations via the map editor.
With lua code it's possible.
Kane wrote:I'm pretty sure the tech tree is not possible but at least different alerts be nice from bots or base attack etc.
Both are only possible if you're on different teams, but then you or your friend would be allied with biters.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My friend and I want to make a Multiplayer Map where we start like 30 minutes away from each oth

Post by Kane »

That makes me sad. I would make the map via the editor but I don't think there is even a way to say teleport to a location as the map editor I don't think had a command line did it?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

No, you'd have to use a control.lua file and set it so when a player joins the map and when they die they get teleported to their base.

You can have a look at my custom map here if you want an example of how to do it.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

FishSandwich wrote:No, you'd have to use a control.lua file and set it so when a player joins the map and when they die they get teleported to their base.

You can have a look at my custom map here if you want an example of how to do it.
Thanks I actually was trying find this in your PvP mod but I see you had stored it in the Map :) So if I get this right the 2nd coordinates are the host and the first one will be for the first player that joins? It seems to work fine I will have to test it on Monday when my mate gets back.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Kane wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:No, you'd have to use a control.lua file and set it so when a player joins the map and when they die they get teleported to their base.

Thanks I actually was trying find this in your PvP mod but I see you had stored it in the Map :) So if I get this right the 2nd coordinates are the host and the first one will be for the first player that joins? It seems to work fine I will have to test it on Monday when my mate gets back.
Yeah, it's designed to work with teams. 2nd coordinates are host, player 3, player 5 etc. And the other coordinates are for player 2, player 4, player 6 etc.

If it's just you and your friend you won't need to worry about it though. ;)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

FishSandwich wrote:
Kane wrote:

Yeah, it's designed to work with teams. 2nd coordinates are host, player 3, player 5 etc. And the other coordinates are for player 2, player 4, player 6 etc.

If it's just you and your friend you won't need to worry about it though. ;)
Perfect! Thanks Mate I can't wait to play Monday.

Return to “Multiplayer”