Unable to connect to any server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
tommynov1000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to connect to any server

Post by tommynov1000 »

First, I attempted at connecting to my friends server. Eventually, I ended up trying the public servers listed here, but it continues to tell me I was unable to establish a connection to the server.

tommynov1000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Unable to connect to any server

Post by tommynov1000 »

I have figured out what the problem was and it's because I didn't port forward the game. Unfortunately, I live on a campus that does not allow for port forwarding, so I resorted to using evolve. However, now the download speed for the map is at 200 B/s. This results in an ETA of about 9 hours. Help xD

Evan_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Evan_ »

My experience is... not expecting enjoyable multiplayer from a campus net. They have usually so high traffic, especially in peak times that it just won't work. Now at other games, it'll mean that you'll lag and people will laugh. But due to how Factorio works, lag and you'll receive a lot of hate. While you download a map, others are waiting. And if it takes that long for you, it'll mean a high ping ingame. Not just for you, but for everyone else on the server. Do them a favor and let them be until graduation.

Though if I was on a campus again, reading what I just wrote, I'd totally recruit some fellows there to play Factorio with me. You'll have a smoother experience on lan than we have on the internet because of people who insist on joining with a dialup from an ant colony.

tommynov1000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tommynov1000 »

I've played many a games, and have downloaded many a games -- I have never received less than 10 MB/s, and never had above 40 ms latency. I don't have problems on the particular campus I'm on.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

tommynov1000 wrote:I've played many a games, and have downloaded many a games -- I have never received less than 10 MB/s, and never had above 40 ms latency. I don't have problems on the particular campus I'm on.
that may be, but factorio isnt any other game - it does things with networking some only dream about... and not in a good way sometimes :p
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

Return to “Multiplayer”