N9103's Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

N9103's Server

Post by n9103 »

==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==
Server Info: Dead, though not buried.
Generally running latest experimental (Vanilla)
General hours of operation (EST):
Mon-Sun 1030-2300
Server Address: 173.78.33.160
==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==++==
There is a TeamSpeak Server is running at the IP address above.
Any time I'm not away in TS, I'll be happy to start up Factorio for you if I'm not already playing. :)
These days, I'm generally not going to have a game up at any given moment though, so best bet is to just come ask in TS.

See you soon!
E: Discontinued due to a decidedly inactive userbase.
Last edited by n9103 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 am, edited 17 times in total.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: N9103's Server

Post by Schorty »

Are you using the default port 34197? I can't connect =(

Edit: Okay, the port seems to be fine, but I can't get into your game anyway
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Had to open the port. Should be good.
Uh oh. Looks like I got hit with two of you joining at the same time. Seems to have crashed as the devs mentioned.

Looking at the other threads, seems my latency isn't going to be high enough for non-NA users, and maybe not good enough for those outside Florida.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Damn, I'm about 7700km away from you. I'm from germany. Maybe that's the reason :D
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

And now I've got 3+ joining at the same time. Ok guys. I get it, you want in. But come on. :P
Also, none of you have joined my TS server to communicate outside the game. :|

E: Yea, definitely shouldn't be trying to connect to a game hosted in a region that you have a latency over the game-setting.

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

it works for a few second but then hang off

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Alright, seems that a join during a resync will cause a crash same as a double join.
Server closed to those not in my TS server.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Those of you that get desyncs, you need to join a server that has a latency setting that's higher than your normal ping times.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=6285

Desyncs seem to be programmed in for testing. Devs are removing it when they can.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

ColonelWill and myself have been playing over 30 minutes, and the only desyncs have come from other players.
Had at least 20 minutes of perfect play. I have the server set to 199ms, and he's got a latency to me of about 150ms.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Wrapped up a pretty long session, if I may say so.
Had a few problems, but most were only when people were joining at the same time, or had very poor connections.
Majority of the gameplay was ~3 hours with Will, jrb and myself, and later another ~2.5 hours with jrb, simoni and myself.
Several others came and went, and a few won't be welcomed back due to how much they disrupted the server.

As long as everyone involved is on a good connection, and joining is done in an organized fashion, then the MP stability can compare to SP. (i.e. some glitches here and there, some of them crash-inducing, but overall rare.)

Would like to note that the three other players were all from Europe, so my initial instinct that the server couldn't handle the trans-atlantic jump was wrong.
But just as wrong was the idea that everyone needed to be on a LAN :p

Gameplay-wise, it seems somewhat slower progression than in SP, but the range of influence is a good deal larger.
We're about ready to start blue production, but we're tapping resource fields more than a dozen screens away.
The fact that the map started with a rather small initial coal patch hasn't really affected anything, because Simoni headed down and laid out a full mine and return belt, while the rest of us continued to improve the factory.

chainedlupine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by chainedlupine »

What I find amusing is that the person who loads the game is the one who starts out with the initial resources.

So a good early tactic is to build some spare guns and pick axes for your friends when they join.

Also my friends said they lost their inventory when they were dropped or quit, so keep that in mind, too.

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

Reminds me of early MP minecraft. Inventory was not saved when you exited/crashed out of the game and that feature was not implemented for a while.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

That missing inventory had occurred once near the start, but later it did not re-occur.

And yes, the initial 8 plates should go into a pick for you and a friend. ;)

chainedlupine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by chainedlupine »

n9103 wrote:That missing inventory had occurred once near the start, but later it did not re-occur.
None of us have dropped from the game since our initial boot-up testing, so we will find out soon!

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Another ~3 hour game on the books. This time with eesta.
Took a back seat this game, mostly serving as a facilitator.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Server currently running.
I'm AFK, but have set up the initial base with Dunpeal Hunter.
He's looking for other players to join up, so come on into the TS, and we'll get you sorted.

blueangel020
Inserter
Inserter

Post by blueangel020 »

OMG server like minecraft is amazing i hope for future its running so great and easy like Minecraft
and i hope with a extern software so the Host is on a other pc like the player who host the game, but of cause its for the future

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

I'll try and join in a bit, just to see how playing MP is.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Another session down. Not as productive as last night, but still lots of fun.

My recommendation, find a group of 3-4 players that can all play together, and stick to it. Bringing in new players slows the game down a lot anytime there's a connection problem.
At least, that's my recommendation until/unless they get better network code in place.

Return to “Multiplayer”