The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The Hydra Dilemma - A Coop Factorio Playthrough!

Post by JoshLittle »

you expect root to build
trains
? :lol:
That thing
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Junion wrote: I wonder if its possible to use an inserter on a car or not.
Yes, cars can have inserters operate on them. As for -Root and unfinished train stations, his "track" record isn't that good (groan here). Maybe he can lay the pipe right next to the train line.

Since everything is ready, I'd like to see some more alien artifact gathering (as an aside, aren't we the alien in this setting?). Although, someone should Factoriolize the production of cars. These guys will need a lot more cars to clear out the rest of the trees!

Just remember poison (the green circle thingy) for the worms. Also note, you can poison worms without coming into range of them. Just shoot short and the area of effect will hit them. Launch three and run.

MithrandirBooga
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MithrandirBooga »

Junion wrote: A general note for everyone...it might be a good idea to think about driving a car more often...if you trust yourself not to crash it, when doing stuff outside the base :).
Screw that. 2 Fusion Reactors and 5 Exoskeletons is where it's at. :D

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

JoshLittle wrote:you expect root to build
trains
Having just played last night, I'll let you in on a little clue: Watch here for my thoughts

FKODgaming
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FKODgaming »

-root wrote:
JoshLittle wrote:you expect root to build
trains
Having just played last night, I'll let you in on a little clue: Watch here for my thoughts

Well Played, Sir

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

JoshLittle wrote:Oh infectum. That kind of episode where it is not possible without a bit of blaming ;)
(And for those who hate long spoilers: I think it is needed here.)

.....I feel like I'm going to have to print all this out at work.

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

Xterminator wrote:
HeilTec wrote:
Boogieman14 wrote:... there appears to be a pretty strong SEP field in this coop :)
Procrastination.png
This clearly explains the SEP effect in this series, since past, present and future 'me' are three different persons.
Ahaha so true! Love that post mate. :D
As for Infectum's fighting, I think Josh Little's second spoiler was really good, that is some good constructive criticism, rather than just insults. :)
But Infectum if you read this, don't feel too bad about being bad at combat right now. Everyone started out being bad when they first started, and I mean I can't count the number of times I completely failed at trying to kill a base. Hell anyone who watched my last several videos in this series knows I died like 3 or 4 times trying to kill a base. :p
The biters are just pissing me off at this point...

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

Oh root. That is more a prank against me. Such a good idea for a prank and after you waited over 50 episodes you fuck it up like this? 6 in each direction? At the lake you could have 15-20 in two directions and the wtf-moment because of the
disappearing of a logistic network
. Man, that's lame. Go play normal episodes, pranks are not your thing.

(Don't take it too seriously, but... you really fucked it up! :P ;) )

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

I guess this is a moment where 2 deconstruction plans would come in handy.

PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PharAway »

Heya all! New member of the Hydra family here. I uploaded the recent episode so make sure you check it out! Had a blast and look forward to future episodes! Thanks for the invite guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWI72agzCs

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

Hey new guy. I can't see you because your so far ... ok, not funny :mrgreen:

So at least you can fight.
But you also can't prank.
Let's see the next time if and how you can build/micromanage ;) (
f.e. Copper plates are jamming on the belt. A buffer would be nice.
)
To look only at around 50 artifacts is a bit short. Additionaly 1 1/2 researches have to be done, and then the armor has to be filled with something that probably needs more of it.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

He's also only got 20 minutes to accomplish anything.
I'd say he did pretty well considering he was basically dropped into the middle of everyone else's projects.
He also dealt with forest bases, ones no one else seemed interested in culling.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Infectum13
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Infectum13 »

Episode 66 - A "Little" Post

Some quick fixes around the factory, and a bit of a chat today.

http://youtu.be/aSkeXyM4a2M

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Episode 67 Why You No Work!? Is live.

Spend some time fixing a few things, and then trying to figure out why some things aren't working, but to no avail. xD
Image Image Image

Junion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Junion »

Xterminator if you don't know why I'm posting this link, check the replies to your video :D.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 450#p45940

With that said. I did have some laughs from it..when you realize not just the long inserter issue..but also that you had an issue and needed smart inserters..it honestly made me laugh out loud (no litterally I did). Quite funny and quite fun to watch. You made some progress, you sadly didn't catch onto everything going on at the other oil base
the roboport there has no robots, has no smart chests, and is not in the network
. But you got some stuff done in those 20 minutes.
Lets hope FKOD figures out how trains work. He also seems to know about as much as you do about them...but we'll see what happens. It's times like this I wish I was part of the dilemma...as I know how it works..but then I'd prob wind up stuck elsewhere and be just as distracted heh.

PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PharAway »

JoshLittle wrote:Hey new guy. I can't see you because your so far ... ok, not funny :mrgreen:

So at least you can fight.
But you also can't prank.
Let's see the next time if and how you can build/micromanage ;) (
f.e. Copper plates are jamming on the belt. A buffer would be nice.
)
To look only at around 50 artifacts is a bit short. Additionally 1 1/2 researches have to be done, and then the armor has to be filled with something that probably needs more of it.

Thanks for the compliment and advice. I'm definitely on the caliber of say root or fish. But I hope to be more helpful to the base next turn. Or..... I might go all hulk again on the biters so I can get some alien artifacts for the other guys.
n9103 wrote:He's also only got 20 minutes to accomplish anything.
I'd say he did pretty well considering he was basically dropped into the middle of everyone else's projects.
He also dealt with forest bases, ones no one else seemed interested in culling.
Thanks for the props! Hopefully I won't get killed with my crazy guerrilla tactics.. lol :)

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

I just wanted to say, for those playing in the Hydra Dilemma who don't understand how rail signals work, watch this video: Inzainia Play's: Factorio ver 0.8.0 EP:21 (rail signals). With that said, if there is anyone at all having problems understanding rail signals, that video will make signals make a whole lot more sense, and trains fun to play around with.

When I started to setup a multi-train system, I had trouble understanding how signals worked until I watched this video.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

@infectum (ep 66):
Nice to hear that you read the post. And nice to hear that you have time at work for other things, not like me. Please take also the time - if you didn't yet - to reread it while watching your video. Pause at the markers I gave you. If it makes click you don't have to worry about combat anymore. And please just don't say you are too bad to go to combat anymore. The goal is you to get better. Don't resign, train. Understand and train. And then your combat will be fluent like the others. Number 65 from pharaway was a good video to see combat in action. He uses some of the things I wrote in the big post, just because it is the natural thing to do in these combats. You will get there too. And there is no other time for combat. You can't go grab hundrets of artifacts right at the beginning with just the pistol and no armor. The armor is getting better and now is the first time when armor and weapons are stronger then the biters. Now the fun in combats begins.
Perhaps you use again the old file for your previous episode to train destroy the same base again. One time with car, one time without. Or you could walk the path of bases from ep 65. After that you will have no problems. After that you will also get in in live-episodes.

Right at the beginning I thought "oh, weared sound". And then you said something about the micro. Guess that is why.
The roboport alone doesn't defend. A second one (which you already had) wouldn't help, it already covers the area and needs no other. But construction robots and repair packs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@xterminator (ep 67):
Also if you wish to never set up a station again:
  • Let the train drive to the station before you set something up
  • Make shure to get the inserters close enough to the wagon before you build the rest of the base setup
  • While setting up the train that happened what alex was close to do. Blocking the main station because of no signals. If you are not shure the easiest thing to do is to rip out a piece of the track, then it is not connected to the rest and can't mess the other trains while you set up the new outpost.
  • For unloading trains (wagons that are filled and emptied at the same time) smart inserters are the only way. Because otherwise the stuff putted in will be taken out at the other position
  • Does it really sound like a good idea to cut the loading zone with a wall and to let the train be attacked outside the outpost?
(And nearly everything of it happens from 15 min on.. :roll: sorry, but that was funny :lol: )

For your question: I wouldn't call it stupid. But the signals are a thing that even I (= bad player and no expirience with train games) could figure out in a short time and a bit of wiki (not for a 20 min episode, but you are played before the hydra) how it works. "Oh, signals use a block method?". With that information and a bit.. eh lot of try and error I got into the details I got my working train system. So what it is now? It feels like everyone says trains are fun, I was the one who knew they are not, but now nearly nobody (.. I am watching) uses them in an advanced way like I do. I am still a bad player, but it is a weared situation :D

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

JoshLittle wrote:a lot
Dude. Spoilers! :roll:

Return to “Videos”